By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum sponsored by CML Distribution

RCM&E Chipmunk Plan

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Trevor Harding16/04/2007 00:29:00
7 forum posts
HI, Can anyone out there (I'm in New Zealand) tell me what has happened to the RCM&E Plans Service!!? Or have I been away too long! I have a D H Chipmunk plan and would like to get the cowl and canopy which I believe were available at one time. I simply cannot find an address or website to help me in my search. Thanks Trevor
Antony Wright16/04/2007 07:35:00
223 forum posts
5 photos
Hi Trevor - the plans service is now available online. There is now an advertisment for it on this site - I beleive its www.myhobbystore.com

hope that helps
Trevor Harding16/04/2007 08:16:00
7 forum posts
Thanks Antony, that's perfect and I found the plan in question (RM276), but there's no mention of cowl and canopy so I suppose they are no longer available! thanks for your help. Trevor
Antony Wright16/04/2007 08:30:00
223 forum posts
5 photos
Try giving them a call see if they still stock them - Im not sure of their number but it should be in the RCM&E magazine.
Trevor Harding16/04/2007 09:13:00
7 forum posts
Thank you Antony I'll do just that.
Trevor Harding22/05/2007 23:37:00
7 forum posts
Well after many trials and tribulations I finally have the cowl and canopy thanks to the very helpful staff at the Plans Service, and many thanks to your lead Antony.It is always a problem dealing with the other side of the world but it worked well this time!!
Ted Parkin04/08/2008 16:48:00
7 forum posts
Does anyone know the correct flap movement for the Chipmunk?  I am guessing at 15 degrees for take-off and 30 for landing, any help would be handy.  I have been experimenting with a Boddington Barnstormer, I have 90 degrees down on this, it will allow me to almost hover, but I find 30 to 45 degrees is best for landing.
Murray Hackney26/08/2008 12:08:00
7 forum posts

I use 45 flap to land my Airsail (electric mod.) Chippie.  Also have 20 degrees, but not really nec. for take off, (as per full size)   Too fast and she pitches up, but settles back to original trim as speed bleeds off.  This Airsail kit is best (notARTF) kit I have seen for good scale, the canopy, cowl and little plastic trims are just right.  Dualsky 70 class motor, 100A opto and 4S 6400mah flies at 8lbs. for 10 mins, with scale aeros.  See Caledonian Chipmunks Website for Pics.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Support Our Partners
TJD Models
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
PuffinModels
MHS
Airtekhobbies
CML
BMFA
New Poll - do you always stick to your TX maker's Rxs?
Q: New Poll - do you always stick to your TX maker's Rxs?

Yes, always
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 No, they're too expensive
 No, they dont make what I want

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues