Return of the Hill Top Posse

• 3 weeks later...
I was up in the area for Easter weekend and took a model with me hoping to be able to fly at Collywell Bay.  But no sign of any suitable wind all weekend...

Good Friday though saw a brisk SE to ESE  wind that was good enough to get me flying with the seagulls a little further south at W/Bay.  The first flight (without the camera onboard) had the seagulls squaking loudly at the odd red, blue and yellow "bird" that was sharing their sky. A couple made half-hearted dives at the imposter. 

For the second flight, with camera onboard, the gulls kept their distance.

Easter Monday saw stronger winds,  now from the SW.  The nearest I could find to a slope facing that way was at St. Mary's Island,  but even that was a long way from being into wind.  It was a very brief flight!

I'll probably be back for the end of May b/hol w/end,  so get the N/NE winds on order!

Hi John,

Hadn't realised you were "up north" over Easter.  Literally live just round the corner from where you were flying

If id known would have popped along to say Hi.  Never mind.  Send one of the Hilltop Posse a PM (Ken, Enrico, Andy etc) before your next visit, see what we can do. 

If winds no good youre welcome to bring a power model and we can arrange you a guest pass at the hallowed BVRMC flying club turf in Blyth.  

Its the Longhorsley LMA do over the may bank holiday as well.

Craig

Edited By Craig Carr on 07/04/2010 18:43:27

Edited By Timbo - Administrator on 07/04/2010 22:50:22

Thanks Craig - I didn't want to arrange anything in advance as I was up visiting family with my daughters,  so any flying tends to be a spur of the moment decision - if I can sneak out un-noticed.  (Well not quite,  but you know what I mean!

I was up last May too and popped over to Longhorsley for a couple of hours on the Sunday morning - first time I'd been to an LMA event.

Hi John.

Sorry to have missed you. Winds have been mainly south westerly, up here over the last few weeks. Did manage to get some flying in, yesterday as the wind had gone round to N ne, at Collywell bay. Sunny afternoon , not a lot of wind, av’ 6mph.
PatMac, was also flying when I got down there. Put my ‘ALULA’ up had a great hour flying around with Pat. Some on board Video was taken by Pat, along Collywell bay. Lost the wind around 4.30. Good to get out again. !!!

. . . . . . . Wor’Keith.

Hi Keith,

I noticed the wind forecast was looking more favourable for the days immediately after I'd returned south!  Though I think 6mph would have been a bit marginal for my model - I'd have been retrieving it from the rockpools below I reckon.  I had a chat with PatMac on Sunday morning - good to hear you both got some flying in.

Anyway,  fingers crossed for the end of May!

well i'm afraid to say today was a bad day at the hill for 4 member's of the hill top posse.......to call themselves flyer's...i would say was a strong case for calling the trade description people.....to say they left a trail of carnage would be being 'polite'.......have a look at the photo's anyway.....my lip's are sealed until tommorow....      ....

i also dread to think what enrico and craig were up to in one of the photo's...

ken anderson.......(the angel)...... himself....       

today (tues)was ideal for the sluice....a couple of the members of the HTP......were not present......but the core member's were enrico/mike/keith/pat and roger....and not forgetting seaweed kenny............a good afternoon was had by all .. and the forecast is the same for wed-----so more shenanigan's to be had.......

ken anderson-- aka seaweed kenny(dont ask)  ...sub.....ne 1..

well dave(young asher's)... i might as well get in with the above board explanation-----before the commoner's----- i had a small detour with my 'guppy' glider into the drink...so to speak.....and the so called friends i allow to tag along with me decided to stitch me up up on this very thread post thing-see elsewhere......trifle embarrasing to say the least.....never mind---broad sholder's and all.......      stiff upper lip/what......

ken anderson...ne 1...  ...