Return of the Hill Top Posse

Hi David,

Its all to do with Ken and the laws of gravity. when flying his gliders...  Check out Enricos posting 19/3/10 (this thread..... bottom of  page 1). 

At about 20 seconds into the video you can see him retreiving his model from the rocks and seaweed..

Ill PM you my bank account details..  Any more dirt you need on NE1....  im your man

Posted by Craig Carr on 13/04/2010 19:20:05:
Hi David,

Ill PM you my bank account details..  Any more dirt you need on NE1....  im your man

for those with short memories----it's a pity there wasn't a video camera avalable the previous week at the hill's of n'land......when ccc struck(craig carnage carr)...i'll leave it to someone else to post the fact's etc....... the one comment i remember is someone remarking that he(cc)was to flying as to what long john silver was to ball room dancing!!   ...

ken anderson.....ne 1....(high and dry version)............  

Edited By ken anderson. on 14/04/2010 09:24:34

• 3 weeks later...

Saturday (yesterday) . . Collywell bay. 10 - 11 mph wind N/NE, high tide . . Mediocre . . Lift, just enough to fly some of the lighter models. I arrived latish . . 3.45-4-00 pm, other members of the team were just arriving. 5 in total, not enough lift really. . to do my WEASEL justice, but able to ’twiddle the sticks’ for about an hour. Other members with . .’mouldies’ . . were able to excel.

Forecast about the same, for Sunday / Monday . . . . An enjoyable afternoon !

Eric  &  Kenny . . . Conspicuous . . By there absence.

. . . . . Wor’ Keith. 

well as one of the posse member's-i was in fact at the said sluice on saturday at aprox 12.30ish...the wind speed was 10mph-but not in the right direction-attempted to defy gravity with the 'guppy'...and nearly ended up among the seaweed and crab's etc...so went to club site and had a couple of hour's there with cc carr.....nxt bank hol john is longhorsley LMA......worth a visit...only if weather is good...as the site is 600ft above sea level i was told....finger's crossed...... 

ken anderson ne 1.....

ps...head cowboy enrico is at the caravan site....

Edited By ken anderson. on 02/05/2010 18:47:20

Ken - yep,  I sneaked out for a couple of hours at Longhorsley last year when I was up at the end of May.  It was quite breezy, just as it had been a couple of weeks previously at the Blackbushe show.  A few of the models I'd hoped to see flying didn't fly on the Sunday (day I as there) though I think they may have done on the Saturday.  Do I remember rightly that only 2 of the 3 days are "public" days, and the third is LMA members only?  And if so, which are the two days?

And what is enrico doing at the caravan site?  I assume you mean the one I still think of as "Feathers" though I guess it's not been called that for a decade or three...  Or do you mean the one on the clifftop just round from Collywell Bay?

Posted by John Privett on 02/05/2010 18:57:21:
Do I remember rightly that only 2 of the 3 days are "public" days, and the third is LMA members only?  And if so, which are the two days?

OK - got it!  A quick look on the LMA site confirms,  Saturday & Sunday are public days,  Friday and Monday LMA-only.

john-the LMA meeting at longhorsley is on sat/sun to the public............enrico is up at wooler caravan park for the week end......bit to close to the gliding hill's if you ask me........   ...

ken anderson.....enrico's deputy/not....ne 1..

john-you were right about the sat - sun......they have changed the open day's for this year......see you there-it'll be sat for me.......

Edited By ken anderson. on 02/05/2010 19:10:48

Hmm,  so the LMA site says Sat&Sun are the Longhorsley public days.  And Ken says Sun&Mon.  I guess one of them's got to be wrong...

If I do get over there it's most likely to be on the Sunday again - and that's the day you both agree on!

[Edit]  Just seen your update, Ken!

Edited By John Privett on 02/05/2010 19:16:25

Bit of a turn up that re the LMA change of days, Ill be there Saturday also with Capt Mcturk...  Pleased John checked it out because I had it down as the Sunday and Monday 

John watch out for the stage coaches pulling into LongHorsley.  Ken normally rides shot gun......  Hes easily spotted chewing his favourite brand of "olde original seaweed"  tobacco gum

john-please ignore the slanderous comment's made by CC Carr....i will i assure you have time to fit you into my busy diary for vetting with a view to joining the posse...craig will no doubt be in the beer caboose with oldee mcturk getting blotto...

reguard's ken anderson esq  ..  ne 1..

mod's take notice of cc carr-worth watching i hear you's remark-what...  ...

I'll just sit back and observe you two exchanging slanderous remarks...

But in the meantime,  is there a posse member that I have not previously identified?  Who is this Capt/oldee McTurk?  And I never did find the beer caboose at Longhorsley last year - not that I had time for the imbibing of alcoholic beverages during my "flying visit"...

Hi John,

No formal beer tent other than the back of one of the "stage coaches"

Captain Mcturk isnt on the forum but is a good pal of Ken and myself and all 3 of us were "the Committee" of the hallowed turf at Blyth Model Club last year.

If we meet will introduce you....  Hes sort of like Uncle Jessie of the Dukes of Hazzard 

Edited By Craig Carr on 02/05/2010 20:01:56

Sunday (yesterday). I managed to get down to the bay 3.30ish, (Night shift) on entering Collywell bay road, a large scale Lancaster, was patrolling the cliffs. The local coastguard 4 X 4 was parked by the inner fence on the grass, I immediately assumed that . . 'Seaweed Kenny’ . . was in difficulties again !!  

Fortunately for all they were only on a training exercise. There had been a good turnout on the day, with visiting WW2 scale fliers and friends, enjoying a 17mph N wind, producing medium to good lift.

Ideal conditions for the little ‘WEASEL EVO‘. Spent a good couple of hours cruising around the bay with some well needed landing practise. (in my case ’ARRIVING’ practise).

More or less the same conditions expected for today!  Andy.  .  . John.  Will see what we can do for the next long weekend. But as the . . ’Lad’s’ . . say the LMS, that weekend will be the main event.

. . . . Wor’Keith.   

monday(black)-17mph wind ideal for the s/sluice cliff's.....when i arrived there were a fair few horses tied up and pose members fighting for a bit of sky......as usual enrico was in the middle of it all......as the afternoon progressed there was more broken model's lying around than there was in the sky...names will be withheld to save the blushes...watch this post for some photo's...a grand day was had..............

ken anderson.....friend of wrecker's enrico/andy/roger/keith/andy...etc.....oop's..  's....and no fly carr......

The Hilltop Posse having a great day at Seaton Sluice 3rd May 2010.

The Hilltop Posse Gang - some noticeable by absence (namely Wor Keith "the night shift" and Ken "seaweed" Anderson).

Kenny (arrives late after completeing domestic duties)

Enrico Gibson launching his Guppy

Chris Collis's excellent Lancaster...  Superb

Ken with the Lancaster

New Flyer Frankie, only been learning a few months and coming on a treat !!

Ken launches the Lancaster...... 

and finally some models in the air....  hoped for more flying shots but the camera batteries went duff    - Perhaps Wor Keith got some good flying shots??

Edited By Craig Carr on 03/05/2010 18:45:52

Ken, wifey and I are currently planning our 2010 trips - and I did mention that we would be doing a trip to Newcastle again, and onwards up to berwick upon tweed at some point in the summer, so a stopover at your neck of the woods is definately on.
Will let you know definate dates etc as I get them.