Return of the Hill Top Posse

A few more pictures from Mondays Collywell Bay . HTP Fly-in.

Chris’s Lancaster & German JU.      With: Craig,. Kenny,. Andy, . Frankie,. & Chris Collis.

Kenny . Supervising . As usual.

Chris . launching the . JU . With ‘Enrico’ at the controls.

Over she goes . . . Up . Up . And away.

A low pass by . ‘Enrico’ . over the bay. (Eric was trying to sort out the trim).

Another one of Chris’s models flying on the day.

Up High . Magnificent to see. Flying fast over the bay. 

A . GREAT . day was had by all. Wind just off the face, caused many landing problems. (Landing space is limited at the best of times). I managed to miss the field with my (ARRIVALS) Ahmm,  . .  even ’Enrico’ had to climb the fence. Some minor damage to Chris.s models on landing, but nothing serious.

We all live to fly another day ! ! (forecast for next weekend looks promising).

. . . . . Wor’Keith. 

Edited By Wor'Keith on 05/05/2010 10:31:19

we have had 2/3 day's of N/NE wind's comming in of the watter...20mph.....ideal for our local clifftop perch and some glider flying-----today as part of the 60th aniversary of VE day...we wellcomed back an old glider flyer..who hadn't flown their zagi for 6 month's due to it suffering considerable damage last time out due to pilot error ().....today he returned and decided to...'knock' everyone else out of the sky...and also incapacitate his zagi again.........the man himself CC Carr...should carry a health warning ...

ne..1 reporter  ken anderson.................     

Sorry I missed the ‘FUN’

My ‘horse power’ went into ‘Eddie the Prop hang kid’s corral ’ for MOT repairs last Wednesday, was hoping to have it back for the weekend. 

But will be Monday now. (fingers X).

. . . . . Wor’Keith. 

today in very light winds(7-10mph)...

attempted to defy gravity...with their model's......kieth had the most success with his 'alula'...ccc carr was down at the bottom of the cliff most of the time(see photo's)while andy the worker enjoyed flying his much abused talon.......good time had by all...............   .....

ken anderson .. ne 1.... 

Forgot to mention that enrico at this very moment is collecting ash on his way to the canary islands.........................

Edited By ken anderson. on 12/05/2010 19:58:02

Found why the talon has been so "soggy" on the ailerons. I thought i had put an HS82 in the there and decided the linkages must be binding. Had a poke about and found it was an HS60. Google revealed it has such a low torque rating it would be unable to get a Lib Dem to make a U turn never mind operate two control surfaces.

Shall be rectified tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday. Monday 24th. After a fabulous weekend weather wise, wind came round to the N-NE, cool 11mph breeze. Several members of the HTP, PatMac, Roger, Mike & myself . . Had an enjoyable afternoon flying off . . Collywell bay.
Mid air collision with my ‘WEASEL EVO’ & Rogers ‘ZAGGI’ no damage to either. WEASEL also decided to explore the beach at one time. Ahhhm. 

A great day had by all.    .   .   'See what today brings'.

. . . . . Wor’Keith.  

Edited By Wor'Keith on 25/05/2010 11:17:29

Posted by John Privett on 25/05/2010 14:36:04:
Now don't forget,  that's the sort of weather I've ordered for next weekend. 
Have to say the forecast doesn't look too promising at the moment though...john-dont be a prophet of doom......sat we are(the main posse)...going to longhorsley...bargain hunting etc......and on sunday---- i'll be at my granson's big day-his christening...

ken anderson.....ne 1 ...

Well the wind forecast has been all over the place in the last couple of days!

Currently looking like North(ish!) on Sunday afternoon/evening.  Maybe a touch too much West in it for Collywell? 

I'm putting the plane in the car anyway!  I may see some of you over the weekend.

Yep - tomorrow looks a bit damp - and southerly winds.  Sun/Mon looking reasonable.

Since Ken hasn't answered my question over on the mid-air collision thread where he posted this pic;

Where are you flying from?  That's obviously the lighthouse poking above the grass,  presumably you're flying from somewhere south of Collywell in an Easterly wind? 

hello john-i'm here---been on a spying mission at longhorsley........the place in the photo is called the butt's.....we only fly there if the wind is direct eastly off the watter...the normal meeting point for the sluice(if the wind is n/ne).....is down the main road and turning in where the 'waterford arm's'public house is......following the road along for aprox 1/4 mile...and you'll see anyone who is flying from the road.......if i'm there-you'll hear me before you see me.........  ...  My schedule for the wk end is longhorsley sat(the forecast is for rain all day) christening sun and monday i'll be on domestic duties   ....

ken anderson..... ne 1......

Posted by ken anderson. on 19/03/2010 16:09:28:
this was sent to me by a friend-----the cord's of where we 'the posse' fly.......................................55° 4'44.56"N
                                            1°28'4.40"W
this may be some help to anyone who wants to have a look.....thank's to geoff....

seaweed kenny............ 's........

this was posted earlier in the thread---might help JP home in on the posse......

Ken - It's OK, I know the "usual" place at Collywell - I met Wor Keith there one afternoon towards the end of last year.  It was the location of what you describe as the butts that I wasn't sure about.  I assume the butts are the two mounds (presumably left over from a rifle range in years-gone-by) that you pass on the footpath between the lighthouse and the car park near the radio masts.

I'll keep an eye on the weather - and possibly pop out to Collywell Bay Sunday or Monday late afternoon if the wind's right,  and family arrangements permitting!

We're probably going out somewhere this afternoon, so it's now or late afternoon/early evening for me.  The wind is forecast to swing round to the east and drop in strength this afternoon - and with the model I've brought much less than about 10mph will have me walking down to the rocks below...

I'll probably pop along in the next half hour or so - and maybe look-in later if I get the chance.

John . . Ken.

Went down yesterday afternoon 4.15 (Night shift). Wind was just off . N, but was (bumping ) up & down, between . 17 to 26mph. Decent lift but rubbish to fly in !

Put the . WEASEL EVO . up for 20 min, ( like a one arm juggler with 10 balls ) well out of my comfort zone.

Will go down again today . . . PM. Forecast is N NE. . 1300hrs 12 -24, . . 1600hrs - 8 - 18mph.

. . . . . Wor’Keith. 

Well I had a good couple of flights this morning.  Good to meet Pat at last,  and Ken as well.  I think Ken has some pics to post later.

I'll try and get back later this afternoon if I can - otherwise see you next time I'm up.  I've got some video that needs editing (14mins in total with the occasional glimpse of Pat's model and seagulls.  Doubt I'll get the editing done today so probably be posting it later in the week after I get home.

Hope the wind co-operates for those flying this afternoon!

Hi Craig.  Errr, "deputise" me?  Now you've got me wondering!   He only popped over briefly and chatted for about 10 mins. whilst Pat & I were flying,  so if he did deputise me then I didn't notice!

I think he must still be doing his domestic chores as he's not been back here yet to post the pics...

I dropped in again at the Bay about 40 mins ago, but the wind had dropped to next to nothing.  Pat was still there, also Martin but neither were flying when I got there and I think were just about to admit defeat and go home.

Anyway - great to meet those I did meet and to fly at Collywell at long last.  I'm bound to up again once or twice in the summer - hope for more of the same then!

yes as stated was a 'flying' visit i made to say hello to john.......must say he was doing a grand job flying his glider-alongside our own pat.......nice to see a fellow forumite in the flesh......... i tried to get a good likeness with the camera...see below for the best i could do...in the early morning light...the rest of the day is/was history for me with D duties...kid's/gran kid's etc........it's hard work been a kenny sometime's........

that's our own pat on the left and 'seaweed privet 1st'..on the right...now a member of the HTP northern branch.......

ken anderson.......ne 1...