808 KeyFob Camera

Posted by ken anderson. on 27/10/2012 10:31:16:

hello phil may--are you big phils brother? ..whats happened to him....? the battery in the fob will be closing down due to the cold(common prob)..or died due to old age etc....

i had this problem back in april and cured it by encasing the cam in a foam jacket. in colder weather the prop draught/ flying chills the cam and volts drop cause switch off . see the thread link below: sroll down to report number #4707

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1556994&highlight=brianvc&page=314

i,ve now made the lens window from a clear cd case, works fine and nice and clear.

i first made one with an open window and still shut cam down after a few minutes until i put a clear screen over the window.

the whole thing is velcro'd to the wing with a lanyard attached to the cam and plane so it cant come off the plane completely.

Edited By foamidable on 27/10/2012 16:32:02

It must of been the cold yesterday.

I fully charged it and tried it this afternoon in the garden, it went for 20 mins no problem at all.

That sounds like a good idea about a foam jacket, it's mighty cold on those slopes.

Phil

Edited By Phil May on 27/10/2012 16:33:10