808 KeyFob Camera

glad to hear that you got it working...

you can set the date by downloading the executable file from here. Connect your camera, run the program, disconnect the camera. Turn it off, and then immediately back on again.

To delete a file from the memory card, just click on with the right hand mouse button , choose 'delete' - just like any other file.

happy vidding!

Glad to hear it worked out - you can have a lot of fun with these little cameras. I've only ever used mine on flying wings and gliders - hence no problem with the prop - I just stick the camera dead centre on the nose. The only time that I tried a wing mounting - near the tip of the Formosa, I found that the wings tended to vibrate, even on the glide. A more rigid, built up structure would be fine - but on a foamie, if you're getting vibration problems, I would try wing mounting just outside the prop arc.

A little off topic, but I'd like to share this breathtaking FPV video... I want, I want...

The files on the cam will be much too big to upload anywhere, Stephen - probably a gigabyte + for about 15 mins or so. You need an editing program such as Windows Movie Maker, which you may have already on your computer but is a free download.

Upload the files to your computer (it should recognise it as a device when you plug it in) and you can then load each one into Movie Maker and edit it.

You want a file of about 50Mb for uploading to Youtube or Photobucket (does it take videos?) or Vimeo or wherever. That size takes me about 1/2 hour to upload. If you've got a faster connection you can make the file bigger - or just enjoy a shorter upload time!

There's far too much to it to do an online tutorial, but let us know how you get on

Pete

I had one of these cameras in my draw for about 6 month did not know how popular they are, so last week i mounted it on the super cub to try it out could not tell if it was on or off as the sun was to bright, when i got home i was pleased to see that it had recorded , but the only problem was it was up side down, i put it into movie maker and flipped it, i tried a free down load that can flip it as well and keeps it in av1 file format, movie maker i think changes the file type but now i will remember to keep it up the right way just means turning it off and on will be harder, on thing with movie maker i cant get full screen but happy with the results i will try and mount the camera on the wing next time so i cant see the propellor.
Dave.

Hi Dave sounds strange,You can see I mount mine on top of the wing with the switches at the top.Does it mean if you mount it under the wing its upside down.Ive thought of mounting it on the side of the fuselage looking directlly down.Ive had no luck with Windows Movie Maker,any other suggestions please,wmm just says there experiencing technical difficulties,and has done for days

FPV or not it would still be difficult to make your way back if you lose your land marks, Would not take much to lose the model for good!
Rusty

Posted by Rusty C on 24/01/2012 17:13:51:
FPV or not it would still be difficult to make your way back if you lose your land marks, Would not take much to lose the model for good!
Rusty
Which is why FPV recommends two "pilots" with one wearing no goggles - on a buddy lead.
I believe this was mandatory, but this rule has now been relaxed?