Farmhand 90

When I started this blog in August 2010 I did say I was a slow builder.

Although the model is complete and I have run the engine (which still needs to be run in), and fitted the radio (which now needs changing over as I have changed my system), I have not yet balanced her for CofG. Gut feeling tells me I am going to need a good portion of church roof.

The undercarriage came from an old model which I obtained second hand, so I have no idea where it came from.

As to the engine noise, I am just really glad that noise is not an issue where I fly from. Having briefly run it in the garden for a few minutes, I would say that it would not pass any noise regulations on the supplied silencer.

Hope that helps.

Aviation will be committed one day!!

Kev

You did indeed, I just thought you meant slow in the traditional sense wink

Thanks fro the feedback though and the blog has been really helpful, I was going to get a farmhand but seeing how poor the QC is and the cost of all the extra's, it's not worth all the bother (for me).

Please do let us know if it ever gets into the air, and I hope your rewarded with great flying.

Ian

• 7 years later...
2 hours ago, Kevin Fairgrieve said:

Believe it or not, it sits in the shed complete and unflown. 

I joined a new club last year with more open space and not surrounded by trees on three sides, maybe 2022 could be the year.

I have to say that I am embarrassed to admit this.

hello Kevin, hope you are well, fear not,i've got  TN sabre that i built two years ago sitting waiting to carry out its first mission(maiden)...combination of the restrictions of CV 19 and getting out of the habit of going flying......is my excuse.

ken anderson...ne..1.....sabre dept.

8 hours ago, ken anderson. said:

hello Kevin, hope you are well, fear not,i've got  TN sabre that i built two years ago sitting waiting to carry out its first mission(maiden)...combination of the restrictions of CV 19 and getting out of the habit of going flying......is my excuse.

ken anderson...ne..1.....sabre dept.

Hi Ken we are both fine, hope you and Shelia are both well.
Two years is nothing, the Farmhand has been ready for six years. The carb will need a strip and rebuild, no doubt the diaphragms will have dried out and a thorough airframe check will be needed. New battery`s as I know I robbed them for something else.

10 minutes ago, ken anderson. said:

hello Kevin sue and i are fine,dont tell Shelia ? we are waiting for things to settle down and then we'll be off to the little lump of rock in the middle of the Med.....we had to cancel due to CV-19 ...... our paths may cross again.

ken anderson...ne..1..who's shelia dept.

Well I am going to blame the wife for that one. She told me it was Shelia!!!!

We are hanging off booking at the moment, but the first place we will be going is to Malta.

kevinfairgieve ip..21 foot in mouth dept.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
Just now, Modelling Mad said:

Has this plane been flown yet ? I am about to build one and wonder lots of things… one thing is whether a split wing and wing tube would work to allow better transportation 🧐

On 12/01/2022 at 19:29, Kevin Fairgrieve said:

Well I am going to blame the wife for that one. She told me it was Shelia!!!!

We are hanging off booking at the moment, but the first place we will be going is to Malta.

kevinfairgieve ip..21 foot in mouth dept.

On 26/07/2022 at 13:45, Modelling Mad said:

Has this plane been flown yet ? I am about to build one and wonder lots of things… one thing is whether a split wing and wing tube would work to allow better transportation 🧐

Nope, still not flown, and is rapidly working its way up the "to dispose of" list.

Not sure a 2 piece wing would work as the "tounge" arrangement would not allow it. Happy to be proven wrong though

I have a Farmhand 90 and the wing easily fits into my A class Mercedes (that's the short stumpy one).

It just rests on top of the front passenger and rear passenger seats and is really not a big deal.

I don't think that a 2 piece wing would be feasible because of the dihedral and relatively thin wing profile - there would be nowhere for a wing tube to go inside the wing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...