The Electric Flight Database

Just a note to say that thanks to all Steve Hargreave''s hard work, the new electric flight database is now live.

Just click on the article link above and from there you can download the database and submission form.

Let''s get a few more on if we can - fill in as much as you can and pop Steve an email. We''ll update regularly of course.

Nice one Steve

Very good idea - I will try to give a few contributions as well (didn't see any Sebart data in your table - have to change that...)

But if I would lke to open the link to the data subbmission form I land in the bit bucket...
Please check the link.

Does the excel file contain macros? if yes - several people sitting on their company computers (like me) may have some difficulties. I can open the file but the macros are not active.

Hi Vecchio very greatful for all data supplied....the more models on it the better.....

Yes the Excel file has a couple of macros in it to sort the data into model or manufacturer....I thought it would  be more useful that way but I accept what you say about the download difficulties...obviously I can remove them if this is preferred.....

I think David is open to suggestions about how best to host this data.....at the moment it is a download but maybe simply making it visible on the web with a download option is the way forward....I'm not an expert in this area so any & all suggestions welcome.

In the meantime the original link to the submission form is here. I think David will need to correct a link at the RCM&E end....

(edited to correct link)

Edited By Steve Hargreaves on 05/11/2010 14:36:29

Ah......that would be down to David then......I sent him the latest database (including your models) at about 4pm yesterday......I don't have access to the RCM&E site at all so can't alter/update links...

I do think we should find a better way of doing this though...rather than a download make the spreadsheet visible on t'internet somehow without having to download it...this should avoid problems with macros & people not having excel etc..... I'm not an expert in this area so all suggestions welcome....I know David is going to talk to the tech guys about it!!!

That's hardly onerous IMHO although I don't really have a way of hosting the spread sheet in any other way on this site.

Steve, sorry I've been busy for the last 24 hour but I'll get the revised version with Tim's models up later this evening. If you've got an alternative solution for hosting then let me know when you want to switch away and I'll delete the upload links on the home page article so you can run it from the forum or elsewhere - your call.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 06/11/2010 17:55:29

No problem David.....I've had a couple more spreadsheets back so still more models to add.....it just keeps growing & growing !!!

As I say making stuff available on the web isn't my strong point but I do think its the way forward so I'd be keen to hear what your techie guys think....maybe Google spreadsheets is the answer...I'll do a bit of research!!!

Steve/David,

The 'comments' column seems to be seriously out of kilter with the rest of the worksheet, eg; my AW Quadraplane (Row 11)   has the comments from my FVK Bandit (Row 14), describing it as having 'unlimited vertical' performance.

I'd hate anybody to build it and be disappointed!

tim

Aaarrgghhhhh!!! Well spotted Tim....my fault entirely.....when I've ammended the sheet to add the extra columns I've not updated the sorting macros so it leaves the comments column as it was & sorts the rest of the data thus causing the mis-match.....this is why Timbos 450w/lb Mig 21 is described as "...a slow steady flyer for relaxing summer evenings....."

Apologies guys....totally down to me.....I'll correct it & get a new database to David ASAP.....