The Electric Flight Database

Thanks JC.....with more data it would be even more useful....there are currently 122 models/entries on the list....I can't believe that there are only 122 electric models flown by Forumites so come on guys......send in yer set ups.....it only takes a few minutes & think of all the fun I'll have collating the data....

• 3 months later...

Dear all.....just to let you know that Andy Green is looking at producing an online model database (see this thread) & is looking at incorporating the EF database into his online version.

I can't help but think it will be a useful resource for us all.

For now the EF Database remain as it always was & new submissions are always welcome....(come on, don't be shy.....teeth 2) but if Andy is successful we may have a searchable database of all types of models...

Edited By Steve Hargreaves - Moderator on 15/05/2012 13:12:45

• 7 months later...

FAO Steve Ashby

First time I've gone into the spreadsheet and I found it agreat idea, interesting and useful. Just a suggestion though, to make it more 'user friendly'; it would be useful if 'Freeze Panes' was activated at Row 9. This would maintain the column headers so that users would know what the figures in the columns referred to. idea

Just found Andy's database and, whilst he has done a great job with the search engine, I still like the layout and feel of your spreadsheet. thumbs up

Edited By Steve Porter on 16/12/2012 11:38:21

I have looked at the database previously, I also have a lot of data which could be added.

You may take the view, well, what is stopping you, add it!

My own view there is something very important missing. That is a search engine.

The search engine needs to be constructed to retrieve information against user selected criteria.

Without a search engine the data base information can never be exploited effectively.

Right, Hmm,certainly a different page to the one i get via, the home page.

It is certainly a start, and is to be applauded.

Perhaps other selection criteria could be considered, Such as

a) Wing span

b) motor watts

c) motor brand

d) the etc.

from a predefined menu/

I can understand that defining sensible/useful search criteria is a challenge in itself. It almost seems that the data held is so defuse, that data mining is the solution, other than it is a cutting edge type technique.

Non the less, to exploit the data that is held, even at this point, does require development of the search tool. Of course financial and human resources are a major constraint in the real world that you occupy.

Andy, I originaly downloaded months ago the db when I was running Vista without any problems. Tried to download into my Win 8 laptop but I have Excel 2000 which doesn't recognise the version of file now used. I need to download an app to open it as it now is but I'd prefer if it was downloadable as an .xls file. thumbs up

Edited By PatMc on 16/12/2012 23:06:31

Hi all....thanks for the interest.....with the introduction of Andy Greens database the Excel sheet seemed to become obsolete. I haven't had any submissions for many months although strangely I have received a couple in the last week.....

The original idea of having the database in downloadable Excel format was simply down to my lack of knowledge about how to do it any better.....it was a "quick 'n' dirty" solution & seemed to serve its purpose......Andys database seems a much more convenient way of doing things & I was minded to let my version die a natural death & allow Andys online version to take precedence but what does everyone think? I'm quite happy to keep my simple version going if forumites like & prefer it......heck I'll even freeze it at line 9 if you like....teeth 2

• 1 year later...

Hi John...probably better if you post a new request in the Power System Selection section.....I'm sure someone will help.

Basically a Speed 400 motor is good for around 100watts & has a pretty high kv.....1600-1700 or so. But that said a brushless motor will give you so many more options that might better suit the model...bigger prop maybe....

Post up a new thread & tell us a bit about the model....weight, span, type of model etc....I'm sure we can advise you...

• 1 month later...

hi guys ,electric flight jargon is way over my head .so I have to ask were can I get a speed 400 geared 33.1 and what amp speed controller please. I am building a MORANE Saulnier  H .disgust

Edited By Bernie on 08/04/2014 18:00:54

Edited By Bernie on 08/04/2014 18:01:35

• 2 years later...