Biggles' Mess

In memory of our late great friend Dave Burton (BEB), the cafe has a new name - Biggles' Mess - we think he'd have liked that. 

Well lots of folks - including me - are keen to have a "cafe" back where we can; chat, put the world to rights, listen to music or just wait for the rain to stop before we go out to have another flight!

The old cafe was a great achivement by everyone who took part - 5000+ posts! But I think it has a few too many difficult memories for us all now. So here we can have a fresh start.

We've decorated the place - watch out for the wet paint! - fitted a new Expresso machine, moved a bit "up market", cos we have Mocha now as well and a new line in sticky buns!

But the basic idea is just the same - talk about anything you like - there is no "topic" as such - just go with the flow. Music wise - nothing's changed, we have kept the old juke box, we know it has all your favourite music on it!

Now, to kick things off we do have one problem we'd like your help with. As you can see we haven't named the place yet - so we're looking for suggestions. Let us now what you would like the this to be known as...after all its your place!

Let's enjoy ourselves again and have a laugh!

BEB

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 22/01/2019 18:48:33

The Eagles Nest.
Ooops, been done before.

The Pancake House.
(Pancake; RAF slang I believe for getting on the ground and presumably into the nearest pub)

Skid Marks.

Mile High Club (Ah... as above)

The Pitts.

Angels 1-5.

No Use in Flappin'

Knots Landing.

Harris' Snug  (Feel free to drop a load)

Vanilla Cappucino and a pain-au-chocolat (slightly warm)
Ta

Cosy cabin
Home Base
Off the Runway
The Boneyard
Chill out room
Bomb Bay
Fly Bar
Rehab
Delousing shed
Incidental Collateral Damage

I don't really like coffee, so can I have a cup of tea? Earl Grey au nature (not au naturelle or I'll get moderated as well as embarrassed). An' I don't want no milk either.
Do you have Petit Fours?

Can I be really 'off the wall' here? What about Phils' ? That way we remember the guy who started it all, every time we go there. Never mind all the stuff that came after. Those of us who've been here a while will remember all the threads that went off topic, and what a relief it was to have somewhere to go to just 'shoot a line' or whatever.
(ducks behind wall with fingers in ears!)