Biggles' Mess

No last minutes names but if you like Spits and funny vids - this one is old but makes me laugh every time. I won't link to it as there's a bit of swearing and it'll probably get Moderated, but if you don't mind an Aussie reporter jeffing - pop over to YouTube and search for "Spitfire Low Pass" you'll see a bloke in a blue shirt about to soil himself...

Gah...I hate good advice,this was from the last ride out before winter,it was a brand new slider when I put it on before we went out,I tried my hardest to kill it!!
This is the love of my life

Edited By r6dan on 03/01/2011 19:54:05

I love that is it a 1000cc square 4?

Nice bikes. My old GP, retired now, was seriously into Laverdas - he had about six of them! That was the only time I've enjoyed sitting in the doctor's waiting room because he used to have back copies of the Laverda Owners Club magazine - sure beats these days when "Hello" Magazine and the "NHS News" is all that seems to be on offer!

BEB

Can I be allowed to put the first comment on not connected with the re-branding?

Why is it that when you take the shiny new engine out of the box (Thanks Santa. Rudolph will be released unharmed as soon as the new engine checks out), damned if it fits back in again.......

Rant over. I have to feed the reindeer now.

Have most of us got a old bike tucked away somewhere? Like Tony's, mine's virtually the same age as me (same month/year) and I've owned it on and off since I was 16 and a couple of months.

I can't claim it's up to the exotic standards of the bikes featured so far - it's just a little Triumph Terrier - but I restored it from a total wreck after recovering it (and draining the rusty water from the crankcase/gearbox) from a friend who'd lost interest (or was told he had perhaps?) after starting a rebuild a decade or so before.

I did have my ideal bike before that which I'd intended to keep indefinitely - a '68 Bonneville - but it was stolen and I only got the frame, seat, back wheel and mudguard back some years later so that's probably destined to be just a memory.

Edited By Martin Harris on 03/01/2011 21:41:22

God and the Biker.
A man is riding his Harley along a California beach when suddenly the sky darkens and clouds gather above his head and in a booming voice the Lord said 'Because you have Tried to be faithful to me in all things I will grant you one wish'.

The biker pulls over and says 'Lord, build me a bridge all the way to Hawaii so I can ride over anytime I wish'

The Lord said 'That request is materialistic, think of the enourmous challenges for that kind of undertaking, the supports required to reach down to the bottom of the Pacific Ocean and all the concrete and steel it would take. It will nearly exhaust several natural resources, I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things,Take a little more time and think of something that could possibly help mankind'.

The biker sat and thought about it for a long time.
Finally he said 'Lord, I wish that I,and all men, could understand our wives, I want to know how she feels inside, what she is thinking when she gives me the silent treatment, why she cries, what she means when she says there is nothing wrong.
I want to know how I can make her truelly happy.

And the Lord replied 'You want two lanes or four on that bridge'

Well, what a challenge. So many great suggestions for the name. Thanks to everyone who made a proposal and I've given them all (yes, ALL, every single one) careful thought.

Ones I particularly liked from a very wide field of over 50 were:

Our Patch - clear what it is we can all identify with that.
The Blackbox - clever.
Spitfire Grill - I've always got a soft spot for anything with "Spitfire" in it!
The Pitts - clever and witty pun.
Pilot's Notes - nice reference to the Juke Box.
Happy Flappin' - just straight forward funny!
The Shed - ah, our favourite place.
Bomb bay - suitably aviation based.
The Dive - another nice pun.
The Landing Strip - we all welcome the sight of that on occassions!
Hangar Inn - again nice aviation reference.
NAAFI - obvious links with the boys in the RAF
The Tail End - or even the Tall Tail!
Long Finals - nice one!
Cafe Avion - very posh and in keeping with the new Mocha regime!
Re-Fooling Stop - another clever pun!
Drop (Inn) Zone - wow, multiple puns now!
Deadstick - This is one I had in mind myself.
Hover Inn - in honour of the fantastic Harrier.

And that's just a selection! Really difficult decision. OK, I'm selecting a few "finalists" -they're all good, but for me the three finalists are....Da dah....

The Pitts - I like the dual meaning of both the place and the plane! And it is of course where we do most of our "gassing" when down at the field. (oh dear I'm catching the pun thing now!)

Happy Flappin' - No deep reason, it just makes me laugh! And that can't be bad. And again we often "flap" about one thing or another in here!

Deadstick - There is nothing quite like that moment of silence when the nose goes down! A common experience for many of us! And I for one usually need a cup of coffee after one!

Now I do understand that lots of folks (and I would consider myself among them) would like to remember the positive side of the Cafe and the contribution it made. So, I'm going to finally pick....

"The Pitts Cafe" it fits the theme, it continues the tradition of this being a "cafe" and I for one won't be at all upset if, those that wish to, simply refer to it as "The Cafe" for short!

Thanks to everyone who put a suggestion in. Congratulations to those who suggested the Pitts (I think it was suggested twice in fact), And well done to the "shortlisted" candidates and especially well done to those that made it to the last three! It really was a tough decision!

We will change the name tonight - at midnight! And in recognition of this special occassion we have an extended licence and the place will be open all night!

BEB