Charity Mass Build - Chat Thread

David..

That certainly would put a new twist  in the tale!!!!

It would certainly be a "bonus"  to the winner!!!!    However I doubt it could be done on looks alone as a lot of Webbits will be viewed on the build thread and as such, would not be a suprise for judging.

Maybe it could be a combination of build, covering, flight style and duration??

I think I will need to chat with BEB about this!!!

On a seperate note, Could you please adjust the tiltle in the main forum page to read "Charity Mass Build 2011".  Thanks

Dave

Yes please David - I was going to be cheeky and ask if the mag could come up with a few goodies in the way of a prize! I think it would really be good. Nothing too serious so as to put folks off or think that winning it was the be all and end all! But it would be nice to have one for most interesting finishing or something! We'll have a think about what it is to be for!

BEB

Well Steve Webb is certainly doing his best to promote the event - I've just received an email from a local indoor flying group I attend sometimes based in Queensferry urging me to sign up and take part!  I think John Lee who has just signed up is from that group as well - right John?

Apparent Steve had been in touch with them. This is starting to "take off"

Oh Dear what a terrible pun

BEB

Hi,

Chris.
I will post details of set up when I receive it.

Dave,
I'm signed up. Should get Webbit EP built in good time and would like/hope to attend the Fly - in. However I am somewhat elderly and disabled so will see what happens .

I doubt that a larger Webbit would be ready in time.

I see someone from Leicester has signed up. Please post me.

Alan.

I/c or electric?, Alan,

Thats great. Welcome to the Build!!  Would be great to see you at the Fly In if you can make it!!  The more the Webbetter!!! 

I doubted that a Scaled up Webbit would be available by then anyway, but still... will be interesting to see one day!!

@r6dan:    I/c or electric?,  I/c or electric?,  I/c or electric?,  I/c or electric?,  I/c or electric?, 

Easy to answer!!!!    ...... BOTH!!!!!!!

What better reason to build 2!!!

Dave

Dan, I'm with David - the only solution is to build two!

Or....build one with interchangeable front ends!

I can't decide either - the smallest engine I've got is a 40! So if I go ic its either going to be that (lunatic territory!) or I'd have to try and beg, borrow, steal or (heaven forfend) buy 20! The elecric set up looks quite a low cost option - mmmmm. We'll see.

BEB

I only have an IC  40 too,or I have a 300 w motor in a hotliner I could use,both a bit too much,either of those will make for a pretty mental plane

The original Webbit used a .15  Enya hanging way up front in the breeze, I don`t suppose anyone knows how much they weigh? I have decided on a lekky set up and would like to know the ic weight so I can work out the biggest motor I can bolt on the front without it getting too heavy

It says 135W and gives the motor weight as 90g.

I think a toy car motor will do better than that.

It also gives the internal resistance as 382. Even if that was milli-Ohms, it does not seem right, its about 3 times what I would expect.

The motor may well be OK, but I have found that if the seller just drop shipping, they often get things mixed up, including the kv rating

Posted by r6dan on 16/01/2011 13:17:38:
The original Webbit used a .15  Enya hanging way up front in the breeze, I don`t suppose anyone knows how much they weigh? I have decided on a lekky set up and would like to know the ic weight so I can work out the biggest motor I can bolt on the front without it getting too heavy

I don't think that will be a problem,  as the problem was it being tail heavy

How do you want it to fly?

Are fitting an u/c?

What duration do you want?

What battery are you planning on?

Edited By Steve W-O on 16/01/2011 13:28:23

Will be doing my usual style of chucking it around the sky like a loon, trying my best and failing at 3d !
I have a few 2500 3 cells kicking around that I will use for it.Found out, the Enya is 185g and it pokes out  more than an out runner,so a big un will go nicely!!!!!

Edited By r6dan on 16/01/2011 13:34:04

Posted by r6dan on 16/01/2011 13:29:36:
Will be doing my usual style of chucking it around the sky like a loon, trying my best and failing at 3d !
I have a few 2500 3 cells kicking around that I will use for it.Found out, the Enya is 185g and it pokes out  more than an out runner,so a big un will go nicely!!!!!

Edited By r6dan on 16/01/2011 13:34:04

A 3536 - 1100 with an 11X5.5 prop should do it

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 15/01/2011 17:33:43:
Well Steve Webb is certainly doing his best to promote the event - I've just received an email from a local indoor flying group I attend sometimes based in Queensferry urging me to sign up and take part!  I think John Lee who has just signed up is from that group as well - right John?

Apparent Steve had been in touch with them. This is starting to "take off"

Oh Dear what a terrible pun

BEB

Yes I fly indoor at Queensferry. The message is also going around the local Deeside & Cheshire Falcons clubs.

I've just started scribbling on the plans mods for putting mini servos (HS81MG) in the wing and am looking to make the wing bolt on.

John