PSSA Gliding Events

Phil Cooke

Posted by David Gilder on 20/09/2011 09:19:56:
Sounds like a great plan Tim.

As you say. Should be an issue geting a place to stay but thankyou for your kind offfer.

Can you also please clarify the sizes for the foam you wanted. the 2 p.m's you sent me both had different sizes!!

Dave

All I know is it needs to be at least 2" ( 50mm ) thick and the number of panels depends on their size. If they are 2 x 1 mtr panels then I would need at least two.

Posted by Tim Mackey on 20/09/2011 00:17:50:
LOL....yes alright, hes easily confused is young Phil
I still think 'digitup' is a cooler nick name than 'dig-it-up'! but fear not ill not get it wrong again - have fun on the slopes at Lleyn guys - wish I could join you!

Dave - Yes there's a group of us staying in a B&B in Colwyn Bay on the Sat night and looking forward to some grub and beers that evening (it will be dark by 6 so should be able to get eating and drinking sooner this time round!)
Turnout looks really promising with people travelling from as far afield as Scotland for the weekend - so all we need now is the weather gods on our side!

Posted by David Gilder on 20/09/2011 19:24:06:
B+B booked!!

About 200 meters from the restaurant!!
So I should be good for a stagger back!!!

T45 Goshawk..... Check
Combat Wing..... Check
Mirage..... Check
Normal Glider..... Check

Weather..........????? Who knows!!!!

5 more days of work!!!!!

Dave

EXCELLENT. ( Weather will be spot on Dave )

Matt,
Theres a few of us at that this week - Im not sure why we do this, but no doubt we'll each be up till 3am on Saturday morning finishing rigging a new model before we drive to the Orme... Roll on the weekend...

Dave
Weve successfully used the 'Hang Glider Slope' on a Southerly, its a 15 minute walk from the main tank track car park, but the slope is good - strong lift and a nice landing zone but for a small stone wall which has to be cleared as you are on finals...

Its a good slope, so no probs regarding flying, however the walk means well not get as many models on the slope as we would on the lazy SW slope, where you can effectively use your car as you wish all day.

Anyway, like you say, it could all change yet, and easily swing from S to SW as we would want for the perfect set up.

Speak later in the week, and see you Saturday am.

Phil