Charity Mass Build Clothing Orders

Ian Jones

These are the items that have been produced to support the Charity Mass Build 2011:

How it works. I provide the design and products which are then manufactured at spreadshirt in Germany. So I am responsible for the design and spreadshirt is responsible for the manufacture and delivery.

I have applied a £1.00 commission to all products except packs of badges which have a 50p commission applied. At the conclusion of the mass build all this commission will be donated to Arthritis Research. I will not make any money out it.

Edited By Ian Jones on 09/02/2011 23:54:37

How to order

This online shop works like any other but here’s a few pointers.

• View the products page
  • Click any product and the page reloads with details for that product
  • Below the product description are buttons for “Product Photos”, “Sizes”, “Description” and “Printing Technique”. You should at least view the first three before ordering and remember not all products have the same size charts.
  • Make amendments to the text by deleting the sample name and inserting yours and/or club name. The text position can be adjusted by dragging it with the mouse and can be fine tuned by using the arrow keys on your keyboard. (If you use two lines and use two text colours the price will go up so it’s best to stick with the red already selected.)
  • Duffel Bag. The price of these with the three colour logo Charity Mass Build 2011 logo and text would exceed £20.00 and I would not expect many sales. For that reason I am offering the IPJ Aeroshirts Duffel bag on the same basis for the duration of the Mass Build products sales.
  • Badges. Send the text you would like on the badges to me at [email protected] and I will create an image with the text on. I will then add these custom badges to the shop where you be able to purchase them in packs of five in the usual manner. If these badges are too big for your intended use then again contact me – there are two smaller sizes available.
  • The minimum order is 1
  • When you have completed the text, chosen your size and quantity click “Add to basket”.
  • You may then proceed to the checkout or return to choosing further products.
  • Shipping is £2.20 up to a value of £16.90 and £4.00 for orders over that value.
  • You will receive an email confirmation of your order which also shows the text to be printed – check this, if you have made a mistake and you contact spreadshirt straight away they may be able to put it right. If it’s gone into production then it’s too late to change it.
  • To make your purchase go to IPJ Aeroshirts Charity Mass Build 2011 to buy your Tshirt etc.

Edited By Ian Jones on 10/02

This looks great Ian.

Just to explain to everyone. David and I looked at doing Tee shirts etc., as you will know. But frankly it was all rather complicated and would need substantial up-front orders, which would be an obvious risk. The "business model" as it were meant that we could end up selling quite a lot of tee-shirts but only just covering costs and not actually making any money for the charity whatsoever!

At that point Ian kindly stepped in. As he is already active in the area he is able to offer this service, which not only has a variety of styles of tee-shirts but track suit tops and badges for those who don't want a tee-shirt.

Now I want to stress that Ian is not making any profit from this - all the profit is going to the charity. So this way you get a quality Tee-shirt/badge whatever as a momento and you can be sure you are making a donation to the charity.

Seems like a win win situation to me! My only problem is deciding what I want to buy!

BEB

I'm very pleased that two new products have just become available, hoodies. Just what's needed if it's not warm enough for T shirts.

The logo is the same as on all the other items except it's on the back, (it can't be printed on the front) which makes a nice variation in the theme and is good for publicity too.

The normal hoodie is a fair price and I expect that will find a lot of favour. The zip up hoodie I admit carries quite a price difference, that is because it's a completely different product from a different supplier (American Apparel).

I realise this is going to make BEB's decision making on what to buy even more difficult, so may I suggest one of ech BEB? (Ducks to avoid incoming)

My wife didn't expect this when I said I was going modelling:

If you ignore the ugly fella doing the modelling the photo above should give you a better idea what to expect than the graphical shop images.

I actually got a little bit of a surprise when my shirt arrived. The logo is intended to be on a black background and indeed if you have ordered a white bodied shirt it will be. On the black shirts though I didn't specify that the black background should be removed to keep the price down but the manufacturers have done it anyway. I'm not complaining.

Ooh, there's another order just been made, thanks very much, Hopefully I'll be able to hand over a big fat cheque by mid May.

I am probably being dumb, but on my display, when I enter the name bits for the logo, the picture shows the name much too large. I assume that the manufacturers know what is going on and will embroider the text in standard size, colour, and position. I do not have to edit those bits? All I have to do is supply a name and a club name.

Plummet

Oops slight crossing of posts.

Yes Dave's original design is for red text so best to stick with that. The logo itself is printed by a different method to the text so it's not possible to exactly match the two reds.

Yes you are quite right about size. As everyone's name is not the same length some adjustment in the text position may be necessary but it should kept in the same basic position, i.e. adjusted to fit just below the logo.

Edited By Ian Jones on 19/02/2011 11:04:14

Hi Plummet,

Back from my hols...

The shades of the colours vary a little from product to product but you should find that red flex print is already selected as this is consistent with Dave's design (Black text has been used on white bodied shirts for clarity, and flock print used for ladies products). I've just checked through them and they all look correct however if you have found otherwise on any of the items then please let me know & I'll correct them accordingly. A quick check that red flex is selected wouldn't do any harm.

The other printing methods are not really suitable, digital direct for example is dearer and of lesser quality but is suitable for some other products not included in the mass build range. The flex print is excellent in terms of colour holding & print quality and is the best available.

Sorry to keep you waiting for a reply and I hope that I have answered your question adequately.

Regards, Ian

Perhaps worth mentioning is washing (cheeky remarks removed by self moderation ).

The products should come with washing advice just like anything else you buy but here's a reminder:

In order to get the most out of your new shirt, you should follow these care instructions:

• Washing: inside-out at maximum 30°C
  • Drying: do not tumble dry
  • Ironing: also inside-out, at medium heat, without steam (Avoid ironing shirts with multiple designs to prevent them from sticking together.)
  • Cleaning: do not dry clean

Tip: T-shirts with flock print designs last longer if they are washed with liquid detergents.

Regards Ian

Edited By Ian Jones on 26/02/2011 15:13:14
 (Washing symbols removed because they wouldn't size properly)

Edited By Ian Jones on 26/02/2011 15:14:23

Ian,
You said...
"Hi Plummet,
Back from my hols...
<snip/>
The shades of the colours vary a little from product to product but you should find that red flex print is already selected as this is consistent with Dave's design (Black text has been used on white bodied shirts for clarity, <snip/>"

Perhaps the defaults vary with differing browsers. It's not important, but when I bought my two shirts a different print method was the default.

Plummet

The Flappit and Plummet shirts have landed. They even came through the letter box and we did not have to collect them from the Sorting Office - Yippee.

They look nice. There was a slip of papere in then saying that they might smell a bit vinegary before they are washed. I am sure that they will collect some new aromas in due course.

Plummet

Plummet - thanks very much for the feedback & I'm glad Flappit is happy too.

The vinegar smelling substance is something they use to help the membrane to bond with the material. I didn't notice it on mine even though as you say they include a notice saying it might be detectable. Standing behind a rich 4stroke should give it a good aeromodellers aroma

Orders have dried up at the moment but hopefully there will be renewed enthusiasm come 01/04/11 .