the first tiger cub microlight

Hi Tony.
The empty weight quoted is for the Micro Bipe,The first Tiger Cub was designed prior to the introduction of BCAR section S,and then a mk 2 version was produced ,with a view to compliance.
I cannot remember how the Tiger Cub empty weight ended up , although i do remember each wing half was 20lbs,its a shame the Rotax engines were not around at the time,as they represented a big step forward in microlight engine design.

TW2.

You've certainly got the hang of posting pictures now haven't you Tom#
Incidentally, if you use the photo-bucket system rather than the forum albums, then the pictures can be much larger and "clickable".
Useful, especially where detail is needed.

Edited By Tim Mackey - Administrator on 10/03/2011 14:40:57

Hi Tim Not as proficient as you think all the thread photos have been taken by photographing the original prints,then loading into a folder ,and then transferring in to my forum photos ,and then picking them out to post on to a thread .
Do keep in mind i had never used a PC until i joined this forum early this year,it has been a steep learning curve,i would never attempted with out all the help and enthusiasm from the MODS and members .
I will go back and look at photo bucket,but first i have to find out how to scan a print and then process it in a simple way to get it on thread. .

Tom.

Hi Tom,
I've just been catching up on this after not having enough time during the last couple of nights. I noticed your question about the pedal power plane and somewhere I should still have some monochrome pictures but it could take some time to find them. I'll let you know when/if I do.
Span was 26 feet with a chord of 3 feet section a sort of Clark Y. Apart from the modified bicycle frame the construction was from balsa, ply and tissue. We carved the propeller from a piece of pitch pine. The pedals drove both the bike wheel and the prop, the idea being that it would take less time to get up to flyiong speed via the wheel and hope that the propeller would keep it going once off the ground.
Malcolm