The Webbit 'TWIST' the 3 in 1 model

Well I hope that wasn't our summer over the weekend!

Met up with a few 'Gyronuts' from around the UK today, a good day had by all. But the perfect day to have some 'webBit fun'.
I upgraded the Lipo from a 2200 mah 20c pack to a 3000mah 30c pack, I thought that the extra weight would be an issue. But it wasn't and I must have had at least 10 flights through out the day, each flight I got a little more comfortable with the WebBit and started to wring it out a bit more. I did get a video but I have to look at it to see if its clear enough.

Hopefully there may be a few more WebBit builders taking on board the model. There was a young lad at the club who passed his A test yesterday, must have been around 8. If it wasnt for mine being so new I would have given it to him! a great flier and should easily pass the B.

Enough waffling on, must focus on the gyro version

Bill Pettit - I understand you are over the pond ( the big pond). The packet will be on a slow plane to the USA ( not Alcock and Brown though....). Hope you get it soon.

Rich nice pic with all the gyros ( giros). The Tempest is huge. Watching that on Youtube, I always think it looks like it will drop out of the sky, but it doesnt.
More later - cant wait for part two!

Steve

Bill I was speaking to Ann at SWM /ServoShop today and she said you were in NY or New York State? I did get to New York back in 1998 when I was fit and well - just before I took ill. I have some really fond memories of the place. My Girlfriend (Jen) came over to NY with me and we got married a few years after in the NY. It was New York,New York that brought us together! We got engaged a few months after New York.

Sorry to go off track Richard - not like me at all!

Where will you be flying your WebBit. Is there a club in Central Park?

Regards

Steve

Edited By Steven Webb (Steve Webb Models) on 20/04/2011 01:02:05

Steve: I am not in NY NY I am about 150 miles north of NY city in Saratoga Springs NY, Horse racing is the big draw during the summer months of July and August. History too but we won't go into detail about that. I fly at a field that a bunch of us old guys maintain.

Sorry Rich I'll stop now while I'm ahead BILL

Bill, Don't worry as its interesting where you fly.

Everyone seems to have got there SW stickers, but I received my RCM&E stickers today, should brighten things up a tad. Thanks David

Went out again yesterday evening and made a quick video of its 20th flight, going to try embeding not sure if this will work!

Today I have done a bit more on the DC full gyro conversion, blades are made along with the Fibre Glass head plate. The servo mounts are all finished and basically all that needs to be done is hook up the control arms and cover.

More tomorrow I hope.

Rich

Edited By Richard Harris on 20/04/2011 20:34:04

Bill and Rich

Bill

Sounds perfect Bill. I am fast becoming an 'old guy' myself. Parts of me could be 70!

Interesting to know where you fly. I have heard of Saratoga Springs - Never been there though.

Rich

I hope that your SWM decals arrive in the morning. You probably don't know but Al sent you some! It will have been a 'do not bend' packet and so maybe they have been and will come back, rather than 'bend em'

20th Flight - Blimey I know some guys that don't do 20 flights in a year

I just watched the 'Get together' again. Spotted the WebBIt!

Excellent video of Auto Gyros if any one hasnt seen it yet?

The WebBit - rotor version. It's looking good. I think as well as enthusiastic, I'm going to start calling you prolific. Talking of prolific modellers -

Boddo

DB had a passion/interest for Gyros and he had spoke to me of a 2 in 1 model. He talked about a camera plane that had wings, but when the job called for rotors it would swap over. I think if he was around longer we may have seen that occur. I wish he could see what you are doing Rich, he would approve i'm sure of that - He'd give you high marks ( but not diesel powere - it wouldnt get top , top marks!). I seem to remember you met him a few times and he chatted regard the autogyros. So you'll know what I mean.

More another time

Cheers

Steve

Posted by Big Bandit on 18/04/2011 18:19:36:
Hi Mario,

I was commenting on the video of the model flying close to cars and houses, but the ingenuity of changing flexi and rotary wings opens up a new aspect on flying for some of us, as Richard has done, very well done. And welcome to the forum.

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks Chris,

I guess, that's a bit on the risky side, but the models I design and fly are very lightweight, this means safe, first and foremost, for anything it hits, if it crashes into, as well as the model itself, highly crashproof, easier to travel with, easy to fly. In Arizona, parks have all kinds of regulations, and the best way to enjoy a lazy Sunday in the park, is with a model that doesn't pose a threat to anyone or anything. Under 8 oz. seems to be an ideal weight provided the weather is calm. This however poses a bit of challenge when designing a model that can adapt itself to oher types of wings easily.

I wish I lived in the countryside so I can fly my bigger models, as getting to the nearest rc club is also a task especially when running a small business that is on the constant need to keep many customers happy.

Regards,

Mario

Edited By Mario I. Arguello on 21/04/2011 06:29:59

Steve,
Stickers arrived today I will add them to my WebBit later on.
Yes I did meet DB a couple of times and he always showed an interest, never had a bad word to say. 

Thanks for all the kind comments but there is no need, I do find it a little embarrassing.

Cheers

Rich

Edited By Richard Harris on 21/04/2011 14:45:48

Posted by Richard Harris on 21/04/2011 14:45:00:
Steve,
Stickers arrived today I will add them to my WebBit later on.
Yes I did meet DB a couple of times and he always showed an interest, never had a bad word to say.

Thanks for all the kind comments but there is no need, I do find it a little embarrassing.

Cheers

Rich

Edited By Richard Harris on 21/04/2011 14:45:48

Hi Rich,

Glad the stickers arrived (Ann had already sent them).

I'm flying at our Club Fun Fly on Sunday and so I plan to stick a few on my aeroplanes and also take a few with me. They are quite 'jazzy' as decals go! I've just picked up a couple of sheets myself.

Re the comments

No embarrassment intended, sorry if I caused any.

TBH - I really do enjoy your videos and Auto Gyro Models . I subscribed to the Vids a long before the WebBit Mass Build ( I think any RC modeller would be interested to see the Gyros even if it isn't there 'thing').

I think I'm always pointing folk to the 'make a canopy from pop bottle video'. It's all good stuff, informative and entertaining.
Indeed Mrs Webb said I can have the old Henry to try and do similar!
The weathers holding up well this week. Ideal testing conditions!
Safe Landings, Safelandings!

Regards

Steve

Andy,
Yes I think you are right concerning the battery and the extra weight helping out. What I don't really want is to do the conversion and have to add weight into the nose. So on the mast I have made a compartment where the LE would be on the wind, if any extra weight is needed I can use this to add mass.
My thinking is that this would keep the WebBit fuselage CG correct for the fixed wing.

Rich

Well fellas: I guess I have to start a thread on my own because I signed for a package today and yes it was a WebBit. I will still keep tracking the 3 in 1 If things work out I may COPY yes I said COPY at least the autogyro portion of the 3 in 1 I have yet to get one to fly but I keep trying right Rich See ya in the air Bill

Steve,
Been up to my eye balls in the garden, want to get the seed down before this predicted rain!! arent railway sleepers heavy maybe some more to the WebBit later

Hi Rich,

Railwaysleepers - yep. It's many years since I lifted one, but remember a phase the missus went through . Watch your Back, remember bend those knees. . I was supposed to go flying today, testing a Rutan Long Ezee , I wasn't feeling to good, so didn't make it. My mate came round to pick me up and GAVE me a Extra 40 size EP. He's flown it for a year or so. So it's now put on weight with all the stickers and I gave my Parkzone Extra to Adrian and my ParkZone Trojan to my son. It's been a GOOD FRIDAY - giving and receiving. My 1st real big outing this year on Sunday. A Club BBQ! Maybe I could tempt you to our club one day Rich?

I was talking to number UNO son tonight. About the WebBit Twist and he has a request can you make it turn into a submarine? Aswell - And his second question "how fast does it go?"

Lol.

At least he's showing an interest at last!

Cant wait for the next webBit Twist instalment .

Regards

Steve

On the phone again!