Webbit Build - Dave Gilder

This is a look at how I built my Webbit!!
Plenty of pics!!

Enjoy!!

(new servo tray to fit my choice of servos)

(note the drawings on the fuselage side showing where things will be glued and how the servos will position!)

(3x Turnigy TGY-90s Metal Geared Servos, Turnigy Superbrain 40A ESC & Emax BL2220/07 Brushless Outrunner Motor)

(Wing lights installed!!)

Thats it for now..
Will update with more build pics later on!!

Feel free to ask any questions or comment as you wish!!

Dave

Really neat build Dave,

The lights are Brilliant, If you can find out from your technical chap what LED's he used, I'll play about with an astable and decade counter to get the strobe effect. May be knock some quick PC boards up and post it up on a thread for anyone who wants to try it. I've also just done a quick free flight motor timer for a mate (not my design), so I have quite a few Mosfets to use for the drivers.

Cheers,

Chris.

Posted by Big Bandit on 04/04/2011 20:35:55:
Really neat build Dave,

The lights are Brilliant, If you can find out from your technical chap what LED's he used, I'll play about with an astable and decade counter to get the strobe effect. May be knock some quick PC boards up and post it up on a thread for anyone who wants to try it. I've also just done a quick free flight motor timer for a mate (not my design), so I have quite a few Mosfets to use for the drivers.

Cheers,

Chris.

Much easier these days to use a simple microcontroller, easiest is the Picaxe, an 8 pin picaxe is about £2, and it can even have a servo input so if you have a spare pot, you could progressively turn on the strobes, nav lights and landing lights.

They come so that you don't need a programmer, just a USB cable, and the software is free, if you can understand basic BASIC then it is easy.

If you get ambitious, there is a surface mount option available.

They also have a 16 pin FET driver chip, more than adequate for plenty of LEDs, but cheap transistors would do just as well here.

• 2 weeks later...
OK peeps,

Yes I am away on holiday but just had to show you that even down here in Suffolk, I am modelling the Webbit Hoodie!!!!!

Also for those of you attending the Flyin at Greenacres, you will know who I am ready!!!

This pic was taken by my better half at Africa Alive just after the Falconry Display!!

Dave

• 4 weeks later...
Ok
Back again.

I decided to make an adjustment to my Webbit by putting a bulhead right on the nose and mount the motor to that instead and then there is also somewhere to put some church roof!!

So done all that today and added 1/4 of a church!!

So here she is now!!

Roll on the maiden!! (It wont be Sunday now as the forecast is (_______________________) insert own word please!!! lol

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
OKAY

The wind dropped and the rain stopped...... So off I went to the flying field with the Webbit.....

She's flown!!! Twice.....

Needs a bit of downthrust putting in on the motor but apart from that was a dream!!

Almost lands herself!!

Bring on the Flyin!!!

Dave