Grumpy Bill's WebBit States Side

Dave & Doug Thanks for the heads up on the flag, Now I have a problem If you would go up to the photo of the flag and look. No matter how I turn it I can NOT get it to look like your top photo. Do I have a bum sticker? If so let me know because I bought this at a store that only deals in FLAGS and he should be informed about this.

My sticker flag

Edited By BILL PETTIT on 20/05/2011 15:38:44

Nope, cos the bottom right thin red stripe is on the bottom of the white strip instead of the top. Also, the centre stripe is not ,err, centered .
Like I said earlier, its looks a duffer to me from any which way.

Edited By Tim Mackey - Administrator on 20/05/2011 15:34:09

Gentleman: I went to several web sites and they all look like the sticker I have other than the center solid red vertical strip being off a little I think I will go with it. If it IS wrong I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE.

Regards with respect , Bill

[Sorry Bill had to remove the link as it was screwing up the page layout and I could fix it as the link appears to be corrupted! BEB]

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 20/05/2011 16:36:26

Your decal is correct as it is Bill.

Just keep the script which says " United Kingdom Flag" to the left and you'll be alright.

I had to laugh at that first photo of the covering Bill, we all know exactly what you were feeling at that point!

Well done indeed for just getting on with it and making what looks like a nice job.

I wouldn't worry too much about things like flags, mines not quite right, but that's because of the shape of the wings and where I wanted the tips of the stripes to end up. The effect is still pretty much what I wanted.

Your sticker actually looks pretty good anyway.
If any one is interested, I believe the actual flag construction should be like this.

Looks good Bill. Maiden soon?

I don't get all this flag is the right way up stuff though. The thicker white diagonal stripe should be the upper one on the pole side. The thinner white stripe should be the upper one on the flutter side. So it only matters if you know which side the flagpole is.

Bill must think we have real hangups about the union flag. It's just a logo to demonstrate the "joint" effort. Nice one Bill.

Bill

Well done on a wonderful build. One that wind, rain, floods and a missing part couldnt stop happening!!

Love the covering!! Where did you get your Webbit sticker from? Did you make it yourself?

Enjoy the flying!!

Dave
Webbiteer Number 1!!!

p.s.  Dont forget to post a pic of the finished model in the Completed Webbit Gallery!!

Edited By David Gilder on 23/05/2011 23:10:12

YES DAVE: I made it all by my self and I don't think I'll do that again. Too much time spent but well worth the effort for this project. Couldn't help but do a photo shoot all hinged up and ready for servo hookup, balance and pref light. Maybe a maiden this weekend if the weather clears.

Regards Bill