Grumpy Bill's WebBit States Side

Fellas:
Thanks for the feed back. You know I think I might try the right thrust, because I think I might be a little over powered it seems to want to come around on the take off and I have to compensate with the rudder till airborne. Another thing is I tried a loop with 3/4 power and it snap-rolled with out any warning or any other inputs. Good thing I was 3 mistakes high and could recover. Finding a place to tuck in some more nose weight will be a challenge but I do think more weight in the nose will help too, plus I will soften the controls a little too. The C/G @ the wing spar is almost level. Will work on getting it a little positive to the nose.

All good points and I might have tried them sooner or later, I haven't done a kit in a while and all the ARF's come more or less setup so you tend to get rusty setting up a kit.
The temp. dropped 30 degrees with high wind toady, tornado in the neighboring state yesterday so I have all day to make the adjustments. Hope the weather has cleared on your side of the pond because I want to see some video from you guys.

Your long distance Buddy Grumpy BILL

Well done Bill, very informative.

Edited By David Davis Telemaster Sales UK on 04/06/2011 06:38:50

Bill,
Nice idea!!...who said Bill was Grumpy!, this is how I do my videos as 9 times out of 10 I fly on my own after work. I think you may have seen these before.

The first is the pilots view

And the second is a view from a far of me looking daft!

I think your way is far better, this way makes my arms ache!

Chris: The 001 video is me and my PCA-2 autogyro not done as of yet, as a matter of fact I pulled it off the board to do the WebBit. I have a short attention span so I jump around I will get back to it soon. NOW if you want to see a very nice completed one check out Rich Harris photo album he has a big beauty yellow Beech-Nut PCA-2 and he can direct you to a very nice flying video. Cheap advertisement

BILL

Edited By BILL PETTIT on 04/06/2011 15:15:34

Hi Richard, Bill,

Doesn't across to me as Grumpy either , and it goes to show that if you want to achieve something think it through. A practical approach that's what I like.

Richard,

Like the idea of the camera mounted on the back of the tranny, it's bills idea that floats my boat, will have to sign out a site hat on monday.

Bill,

Can't remember the PCA-2, but will look at the gallery, the structure looks really good to me, i expected it to be some sort of glider for some reason.May be because a mate has dropped of a plan for a Sedburg to scale up to 120", the structure lends itself to copying the full size at that scale.

Cheers,

Chris.

Hey what did I say in the video!!! Anyway the first time out with the helmet cam I got about 6min. of the cars in the lot. So I had to turn it around.
Well I made most of the alterations and to no success it was still twitchy, I need more weight in the nose but have to wait till I glue the landing gear back on( had to do a emergency landing ) then find room in the nose. Taking it one flight at a time.

Regards Bill

• 4 weeks later...
Bill,
I looked for ages for you, but got tired and had to sit down for a beer to replace the sweat

It was a good weekend, very relaxed atmosphere.

Rich

Ya Rich : I couldn't find you either but I think I had too may beers. Well I am all healed up the Dr. and wife both said I have to go back to work ( BUMMER) I'll keep checking in so feel free to keep me posted It's been a slice of Heaven fells and a great bunch you all are.

Cheers BILL

Posted by BILL PETTIT on 28/06/2011 22:28:54:
Ya Rich : I couldn't find you either but I think I had too may beers. Well I am all healed up the Dr. and wife both said I have to go back to work ( BUMMER) I'll keep checking in so feel free to keep me posted It's been a slice of Heaven fells and a great bunch you all are.

Cheers BILL
Bill, some people can be so cruel when it comes to the W word. Keep looking in .

Cheers,

Chris.