Baby Webbitt

I Just fancied a smaller Webbitt so that I could play so I had the original plans reduced by 50 %
Originally I thought I'd use an old Cox 020 Pee Wee, which is still an alternative power option.

Favorite method of copying parts from the plan.

Simple draughting tools are handy here.

I like to make templates on 1/32 ply so that the better fliers can be repeated.

Decided to go electric on this one, with an Overlander T2226/25 1800 KV, 10 Amp Highmodel ESC, on a 2s lipo.

To do away with as many plugs and sockets as possible I've soldered the motor leads direct to the ESC.

2 fuselage sides complete with the motor / ESC in place.

Formers, battery plate, in place, join the fuselage sides.

Sheet top and bottom cross grain with 1/32 balsa, install elevator servo (5g), and cover. I've used litespan on this one.

Back to the shed now to cut wing ribs, the motors turning out 50 watts on a 4.5 x 4.5 prop and the model without lipo's weighs in at 3 1/2 ounces.

Cheers,

Chris.

Chris,
I like it!..makes the standard WebBit look HUGE!! If I get chance I may follow you on this one, I have a sheet of 6mm depron just sat in my shed!
Is it going to be 4 channel?

Rich

Thanks all,

It just had to be done, Like the 1/2A leccyflyer. I've also had the plan reduced to 3/4 for a Cox Black Widow although I'll keep both to 2 Channel Aileron and Elevator.

I remember Alan Dorrell talking about a 52" span I think, that would be great with a 70 4 stroke.

The Micro Spectrum gear sounds a great idea Steve , What span would that be.

Cheers,

Chris.

It's ready to fly now, wings ready for covering.

Who got the ailerons upside down then , using the litespan covering for hinges. Their top hinged now .

Wings finished and aileron servo fitted, laggy em on.

2s 350 lipo, 2 5gram servo's from Steve Webb, T2226/25 1800Kv motor, 10 Amp Himodel ESC, Jeti 4 channel RX. 6.7 oz ready to fly.

Have to see what the weathers like tomorrow, the motors turning out 50 watts, so might swap the prop to a 5 x 5 for a bit more power.

Cheers,

Chris.

Edited By Big Bandit on 24/04/2011 23:00:42

• 2 weeks later...
Still not tried the Webbite just too much wind and other jobs wanting my attention. Still not bad the Fun Cub is finished and ready for a maiden, full set including flaps and glider release, a couple of vintage engines sorted, and nearly finished for the weekend a "Webbittneezer" for the Old Warden Mayfly event. Like the Tigerneezer hope to get into the flyoff this year.

Cheers,

Chris.

Hi Chris, typical, we've had poo clouds overhead all day, but no rain yet . Just arranged to go to the Red Bull Flugtag event in Leeds for 17 July, may be next year we could enter a man powered Webbitt . We would just need to decide on who could swim the furthest .

Cheers,

Chris.

• 2 weeks later...
The weathers turned rotten hasnt it? Now the WebbIte is finished are you going to build and indoor version? I'm still gobsmacked by the Webitneezer in the gallery. Amazing a Neezer WebBit... for some reason thats one thing that makes me feel all........ a Webbitneezer! amazing.

Looking forward to WebBites - photos in the air.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Probably will, but at the moment I've put the bike up for sale and need to re-roof the garage when it's gone, so some fetling to do. The small gangsters on it's way and needs to be finished and I've another Webbitt kit in the lounge. Recon I'll do a 3/4 foamy like LD has done about 30". My club has an indoor meet every month so that would be useful along with the baby Webbitt or WebBite.

Yep the Webbittneezer is fun, a DC Merlin on the front, could maybe do with a tad more dihedral, but with a little less wind than we had at Old Warden last weekend it would be a little cracker. I also picked up some flight profilers from Derek Knight so FF Webbitts with brushless and lipo's are go.

Cheers,

Chris.