EBay Ads by Forum Members

16 hours ago, MattyB said:

Why are you selling it may I ask? Going to an X20?

No Matty, I'm returning to Spektrum with an NX8.

Back when Spektrum were moving their service centre out of the UK and my DX7 was looking a little tired I bought a QX7. I was impressed by the value and the friends were saying it was the most reliable TX they'd owned. Unfortunately I didn't enjoy the complexity of setting up models on Opentx and after about a year a friend recommended a Horus X10 working on FrSky's own operating system; "just as flexible but easier to set up" he said. Now, I'm not technically minded and I only add one or two models a year and I still found that I spent too much time on youtube or reading manuals to add something simple like flaps. So realising I wasn't enjoying the experience I decided to go back to Spektrum. This isn't a criticism of FrSky, it's a great system, just not for me. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, David Pearce 4 said:

No Matty, I'm returning to Spektrum with an NX8.

Back when Spektrum were moving their service centre out of the UK and my DX7 was looking a little tired I bought a QX7. I was impressed by the value and the friends were saying it was the most reliable TX they'd owned. Unfortunately I didn't enjoy the complexity of setting up models on Opentx and after about a year a friend recommended a Horus X10 working on FrSky's own operating system; "just as flexible but easier to set up" he said. 

All I can say is that your friend can't truly have ever used FrOS before he told you that - it was stillborn at birth, lacking functionality and usability, and Frsky have since abondoned it to go a different route (ETHOS). 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sadly, I'm not in need of a 160 twin but hopefully you'll have lurkers waiting to place some bids at the last minute.  My personal experience is that rather than putting a realistic starting price on an auction, it seems to pay to start it ridiculously low to encourage initial bids.  Just put a decent reserve on to protect yourself...early interest seems to encourage bidders.

I am finding that ebay has changed over the last year or so. Auctions don't seem to be as popular with buyers.

People appear to want to buy immediately. I am having more success by deciding on a price and advertising with offers near.

I think the majority of people buying on auction these days are traders. They check previous auction results, deduct their margin (plus ebay fees) and then sell back on later.

• 2 months later...