Ideas for new polls

Romeo Whisky

• 3 weeks later...

We hear lots of horrors stories about lipos going on fire but how often has it happened. As I watched a little 500mah 1s for my 120SR got a bit puffy on the charger I wondered

1) Never had a lipo fire

2) Had a lipo fire but only after crashing the plane (IE major cell trauma)

3) Had a lipo fire but only because I set the charger on the wrong setting (IE time to 'fess up)

4) Had a lipo fire when charging but the battery was damaged / puffed to begin with

5) Had a fire on a perfectly normal battery whilst charging

At least that would get a handle on the numbers?

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 21/05/2014 08:06:34

I've got an idea, how about a poll for items in the for sale section - how many people bother updating their ad when the item is nla?

I have yet to get a response to any messages I have sent to anyone with items for sale and this morning, I came across another that has already been sold on ebay.

what's wrong with these people?angry

can I make a suggestion that ads are automatically removed after a predetermined length of time?

Rich

ps case in point http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Precedent-T240-RC-Model-Aircraft-Kit-Rare-complete-every-part-as-original-/131143430046?ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:GB:1123

Edited By Rich2 on 21/05/2014 06:45:10

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 21/05/2014 08:07:32

Ben, David, Mark,

I think that's a great idea, since the degree of risk associated with Lipo fires seems to be something that continues to be hotly debated (pardon the pun)!

HOWEVER, I think this poll must be worded very carefully to avoid creating bias, particularly if we want to use the results sensibly. My fear is that people that have had incidents will be much more likely to participate than those who have not, thus fueling the flames of the debate (sorry!). How can we account for this?

An additional option of: "I don't use Lipo batteries" would allow a bit more normalization to take place, maybe.

And it has to be the logged in member who has directly experienced a fire with his/her batteries and his/her property - no friends, or friends of friends...!!!

Edited By The Wright Stuff on 22/05/2014 10:01:05

Edited By The Wright Stuff on 22/05/2014 10:01:35

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...