40" Tiger Moth with a GoPro Hero HD and #11 keychain cam on board, airfield overflight.

Here is my Moth flying over an airfield. This is just a test vehicle, I won't be flying the Moth with the GoPro cam on board anymore, but have to say, the quality in r5 at 60 fps is stunninhg!

I mounted the HD keychain cam above the upper wing centre section looking rearwards over the tail

The plane was a pain to flddrity, and ch for my tastes heavy with additional ballast in the cowl to offset the camer's weight and position.

It is panning using a 16 gram MG digital servo, worked pretty good!

Next up is a tricopter I have started to build, which will be prefect to use with the GoPro.

Cheers

Matt

Was trying to edit my typos...was trying to say the model was very tricky to fly with the extra weight and additional nose ballasting, plus the rudder was suffering sitting in turbulence spilling off from the camera box. (edit function failed so am adding corrections here)

Cheers

Matt

Thanks BEB, I will keep the Moth for airborne videos, I will just take the GoPro out for my tricopter, remove some weight from the cowl, and just put my mini HD keycam in place of it, sitting on the panning servo, so all is not lost!
It is an interesting perspective though, looking out from the cockpit.

With the extra weight removed she will be her old sprightly self, and I can then fly aero's again, should look good, but the handling was pretty bad with that huge box and ballast on board.

Incidentally, go to the YouTube site itself and watch it in 1020p if you haven't, the quality is superlative to say the least!

Cheers

Matt

• 2 months later...