Condor Soaring for PC

Stuart Eggerton

Hi everyone, this is not strictly model planes but aviation related and a great simulator. It's called Condor and is the brainchild of two developers who were fed up of lousy flight models in simulators and created Condor. Lots of real glider pilots use Condor and there are a variety of gliders to fly. Below is a video of me flying the old ASK13 glider. Condor allows you to do a clever trick and do multiple flights and then have these flights going on at the same time, that's why there are lots of K13's in the video and I flew them all An very emersive gliding simulator

Hi Stuart..........that's great fun. Please tell me more. Where do I go to get it. I imagine it has to be bought -- how much -- where from? Can't wait to get up there.

And also, great stuff with your Gentle Lady videos...you either have radar or a telescope on each eyeball. cheers.

Hi Jonnor, just go to Goolge and type in Condor Soaring, this will take you to the official site. You can get it either as a download or a disc, I can't remember the price off the top of my head. There is an active forum on the condor website and free sceneries to download. Also the default Condor comes with lots of gliders and you can download 2 seperate plane packs each of which contains new gliders (but these are payware).

Thermal lift is modelled, i.e. you get rising air and a cumulus  cloud forming and then decaying, ridge lift and even wave lift is simulated as well.

I have a forcefeedback joystick and pedals but you only need a joystick with twist action (to move the rudder)

Hope this helps

Edited By Stuart Eggerton on 29/09/2011 10:01:41

• 8 years later...

As Chris say's the Condor was updated to version 2 in 2018, what can I say it's brilliant. I have every glider for version 2 released to date. The flight dynamics are extremely realistic as is the thermal model. You can race gliders competitively or just pootle around your local site, or soar in the Alps, whatever you want