Ebay sellers...

Perusing ebay during my lunch break (as you do!!) I came across this & it made me wonder where do the sellers get these things from

In this case the seller seems to know next to nothing about the model & then surprises me by pointing out that it is a diesel engine.....

The damage makes me wonder if its a "flyaway2 he's found in a field......

I suspect you are to something Steve.

It is clear that his understanding is limited. Particularly as no mention is made with respect the Rx.

I guess the best we can all hope for is that he does not sell it at the asking price. When it is sold, that it does go to a good home, at a price that causes the seller to think it was more trouble than he anticipated, leaving his wallet rather slim.

I hope that the money he gets for these will help fund a better camera and/or a course in how to use it. Possibly a dictionary too and a course in basic written English with special attention to punctuation.

Perhaps the winning bidder when collecting the model could also help him hunt for the CAPS LOCK key and remove whatever is wedging it down...

I've notice that this "I don't know much about it...." coupled with some amazingly well informed technospeak is a common feature of these ads.

It always seems to me that they are preparing their defence in advance "Oh look, its no good complaining mate - I told you it was "as seen" because I don't know much about this sort of thing" etc etc. But the same guy can recognise that the engine is a Diesel!

BEB

It seems very unlikely anyone could ever find more than 1 flyaway! ( unless they are a farmer near a club in which case they know whwere the owner is to be found )
I wonder why the police cannot take a look at some of the constant e-bay sellers to eliminate ( or otherwise ) the possibility that these are stolen goods?

I have had a reply and it is as follows:

hi there the model is made by seagull models it says that on the under carriage / the engne is a diesel one on the head of the engine it says daris diesel i think ? as you will see it has 5 hitec servos /the model s very well made and been flown looking at engine and the damage on wings as for who build i do not know sorry / i bought collecton of toys and this was one of the things i did not want hope this helps many thanks jamie

Having had a look at what he sells,i think he is genuine and i would give him the benefit of the doubt.

Yep sounds reasonable......

I guess there must be many ancient modellers who take that final trip to the Great Airfield in the sky & leave models behind that no-one knows what to do with....I know my nearest & dearest wouldn't have a clue what to do with all my stuff if I was unfortunate enough not to return home one day.....I guess there are people around who take this sort of stuff off peoples hands & sell it on.....fair enough I suppose...

Daris Diesel probably translates as Davies Diesel so it must be a conversion head.....

• 4 weeks later...
could be fun Spice cat for a bit of evening flying.... silent electric... I have a few electrics for the evenings after a day of the noisy ones...... I would go for it, could make a good Christmas build....

• 2 weeks later...