Ebay sellers...

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by Glyn44 on 19/11/2017 21:17:54:

Somebody’s actually bid £460!!!!!

Considering it's possible to pay around £300 or more for an admittedly very nice foamie and this is a half scale model including a Zenoah 62 that's perhaps not an unreasonable price. I bet the bidder has actually had a look at the model or, at least, asked a few questions to see if it's really well built.

Out of my comfort zone, though.

Geoff

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe I am missing some sarcasm but that is a Top Flite Taurus kit in what he claims is mint condition. It isn't worth £400 but they sell for over £200 in the USA. Add postage and taxes if you were to buy one from there and you are easily pushing £300. Also why is the fella above shouting about £16 postage for what is going to be quite a large and valuable parcel. If you haven't noticed almost all kits on eBay ask for £15 postage or thereabouts because that is what it costs.

This thread has its place and I too have shared a few silly examples I found but very occasionally I wonder what the deal is with you folks. I don't see why the Taurus seller is getting slammed so hard. His buy it now is mispriced slightly but he also allows bidding starting at just £75.

No, I am not the seller and no I am not going to bid on it.

Edited By Simon P on 07/12/2017 20:19:14

I think the main fault in the advert is the lack of information about the kit. A lot of people (me included) would have no idea what sort of model it is; how big, what engine, it's history. If a buyer has to Google what you're selling to get information then you, as a seller and advertiser, have failed. There is no limit on the number of words you use in an advert so tell the full story.

Geoff