Ebay sellers...

Posted by Peter Miller on 15/10/2020 09:12:22:
Posted by EarlyBird on 15/10/2020 09:07:44:

Snakes surprise

So they are I must go to the opticians as I thought they were wing bands holding the tail plane on.

Just as an aside am I correct in calling it a tail plane?

Steve

Usually it is tailplane unless you are American in whih case it is "stabiliser 2 or "Stab"

Peter, From what I've seen, the Americans generally call the tailplane the horizontal stabilizer, and the fin the vertical stabilizer. Maybe this stems from Orville and Wilbur knowing they needed them, but not being decided on where to put them.

Edited By Robin Colbourne on 15/10/2020 13:10:27

I think it's because eBay had always thrown up oddities when people pay over the odds for rubbish. Way back when eBay started, people were selling polo mints, playing cards and any old junk for the novelty. I guess people are banking on someone being foolish or naive enough to pay silly money for rubbish. After all, it's not costing them anything and they are selling to a vast marketplace.

Posted by John Robertson 3 on 14/10/2020 22:50:08:

"There's also a ghostly cat in the first picture - see if you can spot it! ...". Try as I might, I just can't convince myself that there is something around the cat toy hanging from that stick. I HAVE tried! Go, Martin - se if you can convince me - or have I looked at that area too long and ignored something else. A sleepless night beckons.

capture.jpg

Look carefully at the bottom of the black area immediately above the white area in the right hand bottom corner and if your screen gives sufficient contrast you should see two triangular ears and the cat's eyes.

People not "in the know" often assume that size + scale = money. If it were a good quality, accurate, detailed build it would probably be worth the price, but it is a long way off that.

As it is, if I were buying it, I'd expect to be taking out the radio gear, engine, retracts etc and tossing the airframe. £250 maybe.