Ebay sellers...

Posted by kevin b on 25/12/2020 19:01:35:

Sacrilege !!!

**LINK**

Edited By kevin b on 25/12/2020 19:02:08

It's very nicely done, Kevin, but one would have to ask why?

Daithi: Strange choice for an output pair of valves when there were ones available designed for the job (eg KT66). I replaced more 30P4 line output valves in Murphy TVs than you could shake a stick at but would never have thought to use them for audio.

Geoff

Posted by kevin b on 25/12/2020 19:01:35:

Sacrilege !!!

**LINK**

Edited By kevin b on 25/12/2020 19:02:08

Perhaps it was done by Neil or one of Laser's staff in days of yore for publicity purposes? It might be that this is one that spares are no longer available for - I know Neil's advice on my venerable 62 was to fly it until something broke...

I'd better keep an eye on the selling price - I've got a selection of hacksaws, files, a small milling machine and some red Humbrol! If it sells at anything like his starting price I could spend the proceeds of a few hours work on a new Laser!

Edited By Martin Harris on 25/12/2020 20:52:27

The 62 I picked up from the clubhouse "not wanted" box of bits everyone else had been through demonstrates the lack of value for obsolete engines. Jon was very clear that parts were unavailable and it should be run until it expired.

I suppose once its knackered it will be worth getting the chop saw out although Jon has a collection of "killed by customers" engines so it might be a buyers market. laugh

There is a chap who does those conversions. He has been doing them since the 80s. They are superb peices of work. His name was PeterTarn if I remember correctly

Howevr I will say that in the past the chap was selling under a different Ebay name or this is a different seller.

Yes, just found the pages and it was Peter Tarn.

Edited By Peter Miller on 26/12/2020 18:32:44

• 1 month later...

Several things I've noticed.

"Vintage" gets newer and newer. I've seen ten years old stuff so described.

"Classic" is much misused, particularly with cars and motorbikes. Many of them are just plain 'old', of no account when they were new and of no account now, though the owners like to think they are.

Then there is "Believed to be......" believed by whom is never stated.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kevin b said:

Sorry Phil, it's no good to you.

It's a 45 (and it's marine).

:classic_biggrin:

I notice it's located at Walton-on-Thames.  I would have thought Walton-IN-Thames would be more accurate. 

Do people advertise things like this as a joke?  Surely he can't seriously expect anyone to buy it.