Ebay sellers...

believe me, you dont know the half of it, you never hear reports of insurance claims within our ordered structure, you would be very surprised if you knew just how many claims there are, and that is within the regulated side of model flying, stll the biggest claim was for a chuck glider taking out a proffesional eye, the flood, and it IS a flood of toy imports is damning, no-one has insurance, no-one cares, i dare say that there are members of this forum, who have come our way with a flying toy, that do not carry insurance i hope we, in a small way, can steer them on the right path

Posted by John Privett on 26/02/2012 18:09:17:
Posted by Daithi O Buitigh on 26/02/2012 16:42:52:

I see it's down to 70 (with 45 minutes left)

I'm curious about that lump of white foam in the middle of the wings tho - a botched diy repair maybe?

Edited By Daithi O Buitigh on 26/02/2012 16:43:17

Unsold at £70. Stand by for a relisting at £60? Eventually he's going to have spent more in listing fees that he gets for it! dont know

The wing looks to me like it's upside-down and off a low-wing model. So the "lump of white foam" is a fairing to blend it in to the fuselage, and not a botched repair. Probably!

As predicted

He actually sold the engine and presumably the fuselage. He asked for offers and I offered £50 for the engine on its own. He didn't even bother to reply. I figured an OS 52 was worth that at least and I could use SC spares for the prop nut (I have one in stock) and the prop driver if needed,.

Posted by Andy Green on 04/03/2012 08:32:25:

Some people have a nerve. This is worse than said model.

Andy

it is not worse. At lease it is clear what you are getting and you dont have to buy if you dont like it. Balencing some broken parts together and selling them as a complete model is misleading and in my eyes a con and potentially dangerous

Perhaps he should hang on to one of his other items in case someone actually buys one of his models and takes it back in person? Talking of bargains not to be missed, how about his 3 grubby looking 3003 servos. grommets not included (and a switch of dubious history) for a mere £27 including P&P - a massive saving on Steve Webb's £27.90 including P&P AND grommets for 3 shiny new ones (but no iffy switch)!

...assuming you don't get caught up in a bidding war.

Edited By Martin Harris on 07/03/2012 11:40:26

• 1 month later...

Maybe when cleaned up it could be put to another use , say for instance a fishing weight...Have just been stung myself , Purchased an OS 10 FP from ebay to use in a Ben Buckle novice for a bit of floaty nostalgia, said in desciption "used once and then boxed" upon unpacking found that the main needle and assembley are bent and broken. Have messaged the seller back and am awaiting responce the engine does look as if its only been used the once although a little gummed up with castor oil but has cleaned up fine and the internals are all clean and shiney.    

Edited By Rob on 11/04/2012 12:33:01