Ebay sellers...

oh yeah i won this last week 290691853903 and got it this morning with a mail from the guy on sunday with a nice bit of info he didnt put in the description ''oh yeah forgot to put in the listing its seized solid and dosnt turn over at all'' so yeah i was like hmm so when i got it this morning it was packed in paper from his shredder (phone bill) and yup it was solid as hell so i went to the shed and dropped some fuel in the exshust port and capped it with a rubber plug i have and heated it with my mini blow tourch let it cool and put a prop on the front and tightened it and gave it a lil wiggle and it loosened right yup so i took the plug out the port and tuned the engine over a few times and a big load of black goop come sliding out a bit more fuel in the crankshaft and more gunk came out the carb is a mess so stuck my 20fp to it and stuck it on the bench 20mins later its running sweet apart from loads of fuel comes out the front crankcase at the thrust washer but am going to strip it tomorrow and give it a good clean

Genuine Futaba S3003's and the S3004 have black shaft and closed grommet holes. All other plastic Futaba servos, such as the 9001, 148 have white shafts and open holes.

The fake servos seem to be just the 3003. The coreless servos above are pukka and are good servos - as long a they work.

Posted by Paul Marsh on 19/04/2012 21:57:00:

Genuine Futaba S3003's and the S3004 have black shaft and closed grommet holes. All other plastic Futaba servos, such as the 9001, 148 have white shafts and open holes.

The fake servos seem to be just the 3003.

That was my understanding of the subject.wink 2