Super 60 by Andy Green

• 1 month later...

I need some room, so after careful consideration I'm going to be selling this Super 60.

I'm asking £60 for the airframe, to include all fixtures and fittings. In addition there are the servos, 2 new Hi tec HS225 MG's on the ailerons and a new HiTec HS 5085 MG (digital) servo on the elevator. If you also wanted these then there will be an additional £50 and I will include the HS 81's on throttle & rudder. (Not included with the airframe on its own)

You will see from the build that the servos are fitted in the wings, to remove these would mean cutting into the covering. If you have your own servos I have some spare covering to patch.

Andy

Andy,

Glad to hear about the 'Good Vibrations' with the PAW.

It seems a shame after all that building effort to sell the Super 60. When I refurbished mine, which I have mentioned before, it cost me over £90 to buy all the necessary kit including fuel proof paint and Oratex cover and excluding any radio equipment,so your price of £60 would seem to be good value. I did not refurbish the wings on my plane and just used my 50 year old junior 60 wings to fly the Super 60. Had I have carried out work on the wings the refurbishment  would easily have exceeded £100.

I must admit when I first flew my Super 60 it was so stable and the performance was not too different from my Junior 60's and the KK Falcon so I was left wondering why I bothered with it in the first place. However it will make a good engine test bed and it is ideal for relaxing flying when you have exceeded the retirement age I think!

Super 60

MJE

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 15/08/2012 15:49:30

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 15/08/2012 15:55:06

Inspired by a video of a Junior 60 (the original one) puttering about in a small field I bought a Ben Buckle Junior 60 kit and an OS 30 four stroke to go with it a couple of days ago.. The kit has good wood and is much better than I had been led to believe. I have several suitable electric motors spare but the £140 for the OS is worth it just for the nice 'traditional' sound. Even though it is not really traditional at all. No one used four strokes then.

I usually fly fast EDFs and the like but I have the small Sig Rascal for relaxation (very good) but this is older, bigger, and more old-fashioned looking.

Dave, Andy/Marks Super 60. looks really good, and I suspect you have done a video or two before. Not the usual cloudscapes and no plane.

Liked the three or four touch and goes in about two seconds. Must be very skilled to do that on purpose  wink

Edited By Mark Powell 2 on 15/08/2012 16:12:28

Edited By Mark Powell 2 on 15/08/2012 16:25:36