Flying with video goggles

basically it allows you to control a pan and tilt camera mounted on your model plane, just by moving your head - the resultant video image is projected onto googles which you wear whilst flying. There are some very cool videos of the fantastic results around, but I havent checked any out for a year or so.

• 1 year later...

Timbo I think you have not answered correctly the link does not really go to a specific item so not sure 

John  the video glasses display video.. The pan and tilt is controlled by a unit called a head tracker these are magnetic or gyroscopic. To use these glasses in conjuction with RC you need the video TX & RX that connect to the video glasses.  Some other threads on this are
over-engineering
Is anyone flying with a FPV setup yet?

headplay.com
just the video glasses 
as Simon says uk based first person but only do 2.4Ghz
across the pond there is
hobby wireless
complete systems
Fatshark
nice looking kit very compact 5.8Ghz with built in head track system
Range Video
this is what I ordered as it is 900mhz 2+ miles range will not impact my 2.4Ghz radio system.
Also be aware of the BMFA guidelines on headtracking units and how they comply or dont and FPV in general. 
Be prepared to part with some serious cash as well 

Thing to watch for is the TX output  these range from 10mw -> 1w  more mw=greater range
500mw 3km   10mw 500m air to ground unobstructed etc.
Also the frequency they transmit on if you use 2.4 for the control of the plane and 2.4 for the video then the range is limited on both and most sites recommend not using the same frequency if FPV'ing.