Sharkface EP

Major

I do Chris! Just reading pdf manual. It's quite nice after nearly four years - I stay at home and do nothing, and somebody works for my toys.

Here is full specification of this motor:
CF2812 1650KV Brushless Outrunner Motor

RPM/V (kv): 1650 RPM/V
No. Of cells: 2-3 Li-Poly
No load current / 10 V: 0.9 A
Max. efficiency: 82%
Max. efficiency current: 7 -15 A (>75%)
Current capacity: 15A/60s
Internal Resistance: 0.15 ohm
Stator Dimensions: 22x10 mm
Weight: 39 g
Shaft diameter: 3 mm
Recommended model weight: 200 -800 g
Recommended prop without gearbox: 5-7 inches

Model Cells KV Prop RPM Current Thrust
CF2812 3S 534 7X6 11000 15.5A 730g/1.61lb

Cheers
Tom

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!

Just now have tested the motor, connected with clips to ESC, receiver, servos and battery pack from old Piper. This little thing is a real monster! Loud and fast. And just now my phone died so I can't make a vid or even take a pic...I need to have a fag! My little beast is alive!

Hello again.

Right now I've got everything to get my Sharkface airborne. The only thing which confuses me a bit is the prop adapter from Chris's link. How to mount it? Glue?

After that, I won't maiden it today anyway - weather isn't the best for outdoor activitiessad.

Cheers

Tom

The prop adaptor in Chris' post is a taper collet type....fit the prop, tighten up the prop nut with the other end slipped over the motor shaft & it should grip the shaft nice & tight.

Sometimes you need one hand to hold the motor, one hand to hold the prop/adaptor & another to tighten the nut up. This can be tough on those of us with only two hands!!! Practice makes it easier!!

Once you've got it on....TAKE IT OFF AGAIN & set the model up with no prop....v.important for your delicate pinkies....an unexpected motor start can really spoil your day even on such a small motor....be wise & don't fit it until everything is working as it should...double & triple check.

330g is 11oz in old money....should be around 130watts per pound....PERFICK!!

Hi gents!

Here You go - a few pics of 90% finished model - just uploading...

Edit: uploaded!

BTW,  now I hope You can see dihedral and engine's downthrust. Just to make sure - is it right?? Or should I set downthrust a bit lighter??

I've got prop attached, now I'm ready. Last 10% of job is to paint Sharkface on the fus, but will do it after first flight.

Cheers

Tom

Edited By Major on 18/02/2012 01:31:22

And one more thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3d1UezGud0&feature=youtu.be

Here You can see, how work tail surfaces. Expos are set to 70/140%, power of motor used was less than 1/3rd. Sorry for video's quality, but as my camera has gone for a while, I used digital sanding block instead. I think still You can see what I wanted to showsmiley.

Batteries are charging now, I'm just doing last checks before maiden. Whatever result I gain - I'm so happy and proud - even if I crash it, it was very good fun, and even much better lesson.

Cheers

Tom

PS

Option "edit post" should be availible at all times - it would help to prevent a full page of one person's posts, like in my casesmiley.

Thnak You for nice words gentlemansmiley.

Chris

As I've got some wood after Sharky, my next, a bit bigger project will be http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=65256 PZL-104 Wilga 35. Last time I've been a bit divided, because Golden Oriole is much more complicated - flaps, flapperons, all movable tail, streering tailwheel etc, and have been just reading about it, looking for pictures etc... Will take long time. I'm willing to start from the tail, cause it's the smallest part, but might cause problems redrawing of the plan... Will see, but as I said in that other thread - me or her. She is gonna take off runway, or I'm gonna take off high bridgewink

Myron

I'm pretty sure You could say You know them by touch or smell with closed eyessmiley. Everything from the parcel was very useful in this project and I'm sure will be in next one as well. But I think, You realize, how You speeded up maiden flight of SharkysmileyThank You!

GeeW

Of course notyes. Last time I've flown normal plane about 6 months ago. Expos will be set to 40/70% and not more for today. But I think, won't hurt to trim elevator slightly up.

As the weather is nice, I'm just waiting for my mate, and we're going to the field. And You know what? About a week ago I said something like "if it's gonna crash, then it ok" but now... I just don't want to (crash it)crying 2wink.

Will post some more info after 3pm.

Cheers

Tom

Thanks Alex!

Here I am after maiden flight of my Sharkface. Well, of course - plane is crashed. That's the only bad thing, but there is much more positives.

1 - Plane flies. I've crashed just and only because of very strong wind.Far too strong and I shouldn't even try to get to the airfield today. But from other side - I just couldn't wait even one day longer - had too big break!

2 - All my worries are luckily not confirmed. Plane has got so much lift - even without motor, just holding it towards wind, I could feel that my fish just wants to get airborne. I just didn't believe till last few seconds, that it's gonna do something more than diving to the ground.

3 - I've found out that elevator is too small, but still works. In the future I will set expos on it to 100% or even more.

4 - I could meet one of my mates again and, despite flight duration of 5 seconds, to me it was a great time! Thanks Kal!

5 - Shouldn't even write that obvious thing, but radio works perfectly! Thanks again Myron!!!!!

Damages:

Broken prop. I should have ordered at least five of them, but will do on Monday.

Small piece of bottom sheet has gone, when the battery jumped out of the plane. Repair will take me about 10 minutessmiley

After maiden flight

Here is the video. I don't know why, but it stopps in the best moment of flight - thanks to the strong wind I did single rolldevil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or83f0A8Vsg&feature=youtu.be

So, now I'm gonna start to make another project - Wilga, but Sharky will fly very soon (if weather allows.....)

And once more - thank You all for help, for good advices and Your patience. Thank You Chris for tissue and nylon, Myron for the best radio I ever had in my hands, Kal for Your time, Steve for advice on setup.. I owe all of You in a BIG way!

The most important thing I've learnt some time ago and never followed, was confirmed today (again). Listen and wait for good weather conditions! If I would wait, than Sharky would still be undamaged virgin - but anyway, I prefer my veterandevil.

Best regards!

Tom

Edited By Major on 18/02/2012 17:34:45

Thank You Myron!

During the break - plane just finished roll and started to dive. Elevator rescued it from a fatal crash, but strong wind just finished its job. As You say - it could be much worse. And thanks to god for "throttle cut" buttonwink.

Regards

Tom

The Sharky was designed as a single speed device as are all S/C models. Out of trim forces whilst trying to fly at anything but the trim speed will be large. Hence not your elevators fault. Similarly it was designed to fly at either full or no throttle. Other throttle settings will also give you trim issues to be aware of.

If you look up Sharkfish design you will immediately see what was modified to get it to fly as a 4 channel model.

Really glad you only did minor damage and I hope you have a fun day tomorrow. Make sure you give it a good throw to get it up to full flying speed.

Gordon