RCM&E index

I have tried to find the index lists on this site to find the year and issue/ date of the atrticlee referred to above by the Editor. I have failed on every search, which brings me back only to the editorial above,.

Please put easy instructions on the web site for me to find the index lists to download as done previously as Word files. I could then find the original article from my collection of thepronted magazines.

Regards

Richard Cooper

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 27/01/2013 06:01:33

Hi Richard

I'm surprised popping the word 'index' into the search box didn't take you to this thread where the OP has a link (where I've moved your post too)?

Anyhow, points noted of course. I've always left the index link on the homepage (the blue mouse pic under the large latest issue mag cover) - it says 'mag index' alongside. I'll tweak one of the historic articles so anyone putting 'index' in the search box can find it easier.

• 2 months later...

I'm a big fan of the indices and find them really useful. However, on this occasion I'm really struggling to find one article I want to refer back to: the one where Brian Winch wrote about improving silencers by wrapping with Rescue Tape, and using fine mesh and silicone internally. I've searched the indices by all the key words I can think of and have drawn a blank

Just a thought. Going forwards it might help to narrow down the search for those "difficult to find articles" if contributors could also be indexed. E.g. "Winch, Hawes, Ellison" etc etc

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Post deleted, stay cool folks please.

I'm sorry Lorenz no. Appreciated that it's valuable to some but it's a time/resource matter I'm afraid.

If anyone has time on their hands though and would like to create one for recent years then I'm sure I could find a free subscription by way of a thank you. Just drop me a PM.

• 11 months later...

Hi David,

Though I have collected RCM&E since 1976, I have only just come across the indices for 2002 - 2012 which I have printed off to go at the head of the box for each year. There appears to be a reference for other years as well but cannot find the access to them. Any help would be gratefully received.

Relying on memory for particular articles (particularly plans) can be a very time-wasting and frustrating process.

Many thanks, pleased I've found these!

Regards

Dick Sable

• 1 year later...