'Y' Lead on a separate UBEC.

Is it ok, to put a 3" extention "Y" lead to the throttle and ubec lead from the esc and connect to the throttle aperture on the receiver? Or should I fit seperate extention leads to both??

This is necessary because of the position of the receiver and it cannot be moved nearer to the esc.

Hi Guys,

I've changed the title of this thread. The reason is that a big part of the value of the forum is the "archive" of answers. But you can only find answers with the search engine if there are appropriate key words in the thread title!

So, good question - with a good answer. Deserves to be findable from a search! smile

BEB

Posted by ericrw on 15/04/2012 19:37:45:

I assume that as the info on my ESC, states that it has a seperate ubec ;means that it does not have a BEC within the esc. So there is no need to remove a red cable from the esc; or is the need still there ??

If it says that it has a BEC then I'd read that as it has a BEC. What else could it mean ? Or, did it say that you'll need a separate UBEC ?

Which make and model is it ? Is it an opto one ?

The info on the ESC is as follows: Hobbywing Pentium 60A. Brushless motors, UBEC-3A/5v, Version 3.1, DC 5.6v-26v 60A. And I have fitted a indepedant ubec. The info on that reads, Hobbywing UBEC, 5A, Max7.5A. Input: 8v-42v, 3-10 lipo. I've soldered the Neg/Pos wires to the battery. And there is an off/on switch. Hope this helps!!

Posted by ericrw on 16/04/2012 08:40:25:

The info on the ESC is as follows: Hobbywing Pentium 60A. Brushless motors, UBEC-3A/5v, Version 3.1, DC 5.6v-26v 60A. And I have fitted a indepedant ubec. The info on that reads, Hobbywing UBEC, 5A, Max7.5A. Input: 8v-42v, 3-10 lipo. I've soldered the Neg/Pos wires to the battery. And there is an off/on switch. Hope this helps!!

That has a bec, 3 Amp 5 Volt, already eric, see bold text, cut the + cable out of your throttle connector, and tape it up safe