The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**

ross blackwell

If you see the Subscribe Now section at top right of this page there is a line that states

" RCM&E currently publishes 12 issues a year but reserves the right to change the number of issues in an annual term. " ( it's also written on page 39 of the latest RCME )

But if there is no separate January issue then it's interesting to see what the 12th issue next year will be called! ( Spring/Summer/ Autumn/Christmas? ) Or will that wording be changed to state 11 issues after January 1st?

At the moment the free gift to subscribers is a Twister Ninja 250 worth £64.99 when you subscribe before 15th Jan 21. Looks like a 2 year subscription offer.

I've been a subscriber for a lot of years now. Took out next years subscription as usual...they took the payment off twice and then refunded one of them...…………..But I haven't received my December mag that I've paid for previous?...seems when Mrs A had a look on line as well as cancelling the double payment, they have cancelled my 2020 subscription also..as you do...come on...phone enquiry Monday.

ken anderson...ne..1..where's me mag dept.

well as an addition to my post above...Mrs A phoned up the subs number and spoke to someone who she believes was in a foreign call center?She told them I hadn't received my dec mag?they replied there was a problem getting the December issue out on sale also? ...my wife explained that the mag was on sale in the local WH Smiths shops!...ah,she was then put on hold...2-3 mins later,sorry all copies have gone,none left,on hold again for 2-3 mins,what we'll do is send you an extra copy with your January mag!!!!

normally i'm pretty optimistic about stuff...now i'm not in this case?

ken anderson...ne...1..no mag dept.

If there's no chance of getting the Dec mag why can't they tell us. They could use a online communication to let us know, they could call it 'modelflying' or something. Before anybody tells me about the trouble people are having, I know, I'm not exempt. The last person I talked to was on the checkout at my local supermarket. If the shops can get the magazines why can't the subscribers?

Ken and also Malcolm - there seems to be no problem in buying the latest issue which came last week ( December / January ) if you just want one. If you look here it has them for sale. Some confusion with the call centre seem likely.

( any political party that wants to be elected should have " No Foreign Call Centres " in their manifesto! Nobody is going to disagree with that! )

Hi Guys

Malcolm

My December issue arrived on Saturday. Maybe it might be pressure on your local postal service, rather than the fault of the magazine.

One puzzle.

It says the February issue is due out on 8th January. That's only a month away, so still on schedule.

Meanwhile, quick question.

I started my subscription earlier this year, April 2020 was my first issue. In theory this means I do not have to renew until March of next year.

However I do like the idea of a free helicopter, as offered in the latest issue.

So, if I renew now, will my subscription start immediately, or when my old subscription runs out?

Your thoughts

Jeff

Hello KC,yes I know its available in the newsagents, as a subscriber I normally get the mag approx. 1 week before it hits the shops. I know that everything is upside down due to CV and take that into consideration, but when we checked on line to my subs details they(whoever they are) had taken next years payment off twice, then changed it correctly to once and also cancelled the rest of my 2020 subs also.ok mistakes happen

alas then the fun started when Mrs A phoned up to enquire and her call was taken by someone in a land far off? ….who initially said there was no Dec issue whatever...Mrs A pointed out it was on sale in the shops.....she was put on hold...and then told unfortunately they had no issues to send out at all...put on hold again...and then told that they would send our and extra copy of the mag in January!!.

so the plot is a curious one to say the least...and I fear for the health of the mag to be honest...and hope someone with a bit of clout sorts the behind the scenes bit out …

3 cheers again for David......young Ashers who has come to my rescue

ken anderson....ne...1..mag dept.

Posted by Jeffrey Cottrell 2 on 07/12/2020 17:16:40:

Meanwhile, quick question.

I started my subscription earlier this year, April 2020 was my first issue. In theory this means I do not have to renew until March of next year.

However I do like the idea of a free helicopter, as offered in the latest issue.

So, if I renew now, will my subscription start immediately, or when my old subscription runs out?

Your thoughts

Jeff

Answered my own question. Quick call to subscriptions confirms that I qualify the free gift, but my new subscription will begin when the old one ends.

Win-win.

Meanwhile, the helicopter they are offering looks remarkably similar to the Eachine E129, which is a superb piece of kit, and great fun to fly.

Will know more when mine arrives.

Jeff

Still waiting on my November issue never mind December/January. Emailed subscriptions well over a week ago heard nothing as yet. I know living on the other side of the world creates a problem in these Covid times but has it slowed the Internet as well? Not good enough. Thinking twice about renewing my sub. when it comes up for renewal early next year.

1. I'm a digital subscriber in the USA and receive my issues through POCKETMAGS. I can't access any Subscriber Content on the Modelflying site because I have not been provided with a subscription number.

2. My residence info cannot be changed when I look at the MY SUBSCRIPTIONS page. I am assuming that is because what is showing is for my old print version, since I can't add my digital subscription because I don't have the number.

Can you provide me with a Valid Number? I have already tried emailing the address you provide for subscription service.

Posted by Allen Barbee on 15/12/2020 20:59:02:

1. I'm a digital subscriber in the USA and receive my issues through POCKETMAGS. I can't access any Subscriber Content on the Modelflying site because I have not been provided with a subscription number.

2. My residence info cannot be changed when I look at the MY SUBSCRIPTIONS page. I am assuming that is because what is showing is for my old print version, since I can't add my digital subscription because I don't have the number.

Can you provide me with a Valid Number? I have already tried emailing the address you provide for subscription service.

Hi Allen, I'm sorry but, unfortunatelty, subscribing indirect (ie. via pocketmags) doesn't bring subscriber content on this site. Perhaps something to consider when you renew?

Posted by Guy Dangerfield on 10/12/2020 20:36:10:

Does any one know when or if Dec mag being delivered

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 10/12/2020 21:16:36

They have been very much delayed Guy, a combination of Covid and the seasonal delivery levels I believe. Some are still arriving with UK subscribers, assuming you're one of those?

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 16/12/2020 10:05:36

Posted by David Ashby - Moderator on 16/12/2020 10:03:48:
Posted by Allen Barbee on 15/12/2020 20:59:02:

Hi Allen, I'm sorry but, unfortunatelty, subscribing indirect (ie. via pocketmags) doesn't bring subscriber content on this site. Perhaps something to consider when you renew?

David,

When I subscribed I attempted to pay for a digital subscription in the U.S. via your link on 4 separate days about 7 times only for it to be rejected. I emailed support twice and received NO REPLY!

Perhaps you should fix your billing service to U.S. customers, answer emails, and give us the additional site access we paid for if you don't fix it, and we are stuck having to use another subscription service. I still haven't received an email reply from them about the subscription and access these 2 times.  I did confirm a few other U.S. subscribers were having the same problem at my local field.

"Perhaps something YOU should consider if you want U.S. subscribers next time around". I used to take the print, but couldn't renew it either.

Edited By Allen Barbee on 17/12/2020 00:19:10

I'm still awaiting the latest issue, it has been available in my local supermarket for weeks now, this is getting pretty depressing. I thought subscribers would get the latest issue before it went on general sale. Seriously thinking of cancelling now.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still waiting on the December/January issue being delivered. I am just going to cancel my subscription as it appears to be easier to buy the occasional magazine from a supermarket even though it means paying full price. Very disappointed about responses to post on this issue on the forum

It’s not the delivery of the printed mag, but the loss of access to the digital version, the link has disappeared from my profile, the subscriber number is still there but no link and no access to the digital archive magazines, I have pm to Beth, but no response