The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**

ross blackwell

Posted by Tim C on 06/01/2021 08:48:39:

It’s not the delivery of the printed mag, but the loss of access to the digital version, the link has disappeared from my profile, the subscriber number is still there but no link and no access to the digital archive magazines, I have pm to Beth, but no response

Tim, best to email Beth: [email protected]

Posted by Gordon Whitehead 1 on 07/01/2021 14:18:01:

I can't log into any digital issues again because the "bad referrer" problem has returned. It had been cured before, so why has it returned? I don't wish to have to change the way my laptop works just for the sake of logging in to one magazine, so can the problem be solved at source once and for all, please?

I wrote an essay Gordon, then after 10 minutes typing, I hit the command near the post button, and lost the lot

Simply put, slide your security settings slider a tad lower, and your problem will go away

No Dec/Jan mag, no response from Time media and no response from Beth.

Timeline:

14th Dec - no mag. Couldn't log into RCM&E account (do I have one?) tried forgotten password - nothing received. Checked forum profile LI/PW ok, subscription No but no expiry date. Lapsed, no cheque cleared 16/3/20 for 13 issues. Emailed help@secureorder and received a MTX ref No. 23/12 no response so messaged Beth on the forum, as of today still unread. Also emailed Beth only to receive automatic reply on hol till 4/1. Email Beth again 7/1 still no reply and to top it received a renewal request from Beth without a current expiry date.

Today still no Dec/Jan mag (ok could have got lost it happens) but no response at all is very, very disappointing.

Posted by Denis Watkins on 08/01/2021 14:12:58:
Posted by Gordon Whitehead 1 on 07/01/2021 14:18:01:

I can't log into any digital issues again because the "bad referrer" problem has returned. It had been cured before, so why has it returned? I don't wish to have to change the way my laptop works just for the sake of logging in to one magazine, so can the problem be solved at source once and for all, please?

I wrote an essay Gordon, then after 10 minutes typing, I hit the command near the post button, and lost the lot

Simply put, slide your security settings slider a tad lower, and your problem will go away

Hi Dennis, sorry for your loss wink I don't appear to have a security setting slider on my chromebook, but thanks for your reply. However, today it's working again and I can access the digital issues without having to use the "reduce default referrer header granularity" frig for which one has to restart the chromebook to get it to work. Thanks to whoever fixed the problem yes

Posted by Bob Bertram on 12/01/2021 17:18:55:

I don't seem to be able to access the digital back issues although I have had the latest print one. I paid for both. Any ideas???

I've just had a quick look and seems you had a different subs number in your profile than the one on our system. I've put the new one in your profile here and access has been restored.

Beth

Is RCM&E shipping to any customers in Canada? I’ve been a faithful subscriber of this magazine for many years, and to date have never had any issues with service or receiving issues of the magazine. I’ve only received 2 issues of the magazine since April of last year, the July issue, and the Oct 2020 issue, which was sent directly from the UK by an RCM&E staff. I received an email from RCM&E stating that my subscription would be extended, due to the missing issues, which is fantastic, but doesn’t help if RCM&E is not sending magazines to me. This is starting to get ridiculous. Anyone else in Canada or the US having similar problems?

Posted by Steven Root on 13/01/2021 16:15:01:

Is RCM&E shipping to any customers in Canada? I’ve been a faithful subscriber of this magazine for many years, and to date have never had any issues with service or receiving issues of the magazine. I’ve only received 2 issues of the magazine since April of last year, the July issue, and the Oct 2020 issue, which was sent directly from the UK by an RCM&E staff. I received an email from RCM&E stating that my subscription would be extended, due to the missing issues, which is fantastic, but doesn’t help if RCM&E is not sending magazines to me. This is starting to get ridiculous. Anyone else in Canada or the US having similar problems?

Steven I am in Malaysia and having the same problem. Like you I want the printed magazine and not extensions to my subscription. Other mail is getting through to me from the UK so I suspect the missing magazines aren't getting sent in the first place. Disappointing no one at MyTime media seems to know what's happening and the phone staff just revert to 'sorry, we'll extend your subscription.' I would just like an honest answer from MYTime about what's going on.

Steven - I've been told by our distributors last week that flights between Canada and the UK were suspended in December which has been causing all manner of delays and the magazines just don't seem to be getting through because of the backlog and them being sent under standard priority mail. If you'd like to email me with your subs number or address, I can look into your account and get some replacements out to you. [email protected]

Nigel - I've just replied to your email.

Posted by Beth Ashby Moderator on 18/01/2021 14:53:49:

Steven - I've been told by our distributors last week that flights between Canada and the UK were suspended in December which has been causing all manner of delays and the magazines just don't seem to be getting through because of the backlog and them being sent under standard priority mail. If you'd like to email me with your subs number or address, I can look into your account and get some replacements out to you. [email protected]

Nigel - I've just replied to your email.

Beth, I just received a message from your customer service folks at My Time that pretty clearly stated I was out of luck re: my missing September issue, that there are none on hand to satisfy requests. I found my dealing with them MOST unsatisfactory...the clear message was they really can't be bothered. Mind you I sent my message that I'd not received my September issue until my October issue arrived mid-December. It took them one day short of a month to respond.

My November issue, which I'd been concerned about, did just arrive over this past weekend so HOPEFULLY things are easing up. Our issues have always been slow to arrive in the US, but that's fine...as long as they arrive.

Scott

I see that the April Issue is now available in the shops.

Normally I would have received my copy before it is available in the shops. I have not received a copy.

Could some one check if my direct debit is up to date. If so, there seems to be a problem.?

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...