The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**

ross blackwell

I have a valid annual subscription, and have often accessed the mags archive, but today it keeps telling me to subscribe or add my subscription number to my profile.

Could it be the rollover from 2012 to 2013 confusing it? Whatever, it seems to be broken. Any chance of a fix, or is it just me having the problem?

JimG

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 02/01/2013 13:27:22

• 3 weeks later...

Today I received my renewal notice in the post for my subscription in which it clearly states currently expires in April.

I have however today lost all access to Subs Extra and access to the back issues on the RCM&E iPad app. It's saying my current subscription code is invalid.

Now considering I've not changed my code, I think it's a bit much stopping my access a full 2 months before my subscription expires.

Anyone frm RCM&E care to comment?

Steve

Edited By Essjay on 22/01/2013 17:20:24

Edited By Essjay on 22/01/2013 17:20:56

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 23/01/2013 06:58:04

Just Ring the subscriber line and ask for assistance. As I've said many times before, I don't have access to the subscriber system so I can't check for you as quick as it'll take you to simply pick up the phone. Let me know (by PM) if you are unable to obtain a response. 

I'll move this post to the existing query thread .

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 22/01/2013 18:20:58

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 23/01/2013 06:58:19

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Xavier,

Sorry you are having problems. David, who is our link with Subscriptions etc., is away at the moment, but he will be be back Monday or Tuesday - I'm sure he will be happy to help you then. To make sure it would be a good idea to send him a PM - you can contact him by clicking on his name on the post immediately above yours (David Ashby) and follow the instructions to "Send me a message".

BEB

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, is it possible to unsubscribe via email? I'm no longer in the UK so don't want to be making a phone call.

My reasons for unsubscribing are simple and i'll cover them if you want some feed back;

The magazine doesn't cover the area of RC flying I enjoy which is EDF, from the hundred of fantastic looking models available, the only time in months you choose to run an article on an EDF and you choose a cheap tatty looking model. The only reason I can think of is because it was from a British company. You simply ignore all the fantastic Chinese made aircraft for reasons unknown.

The magazine is heavily biased towards free flight models with at least an article of two in every single edition.

Your Nuremberg article summed this up for me, it would appear the model industry no longer produce EDF aircraft, 6 free flight models photographed and yet only one (again cheap eBay toy looking) EDF. The editorial staff clearly have their favourites when it comes to models so unfortunately it's time for me to move on to a magazine which covers the aircraft I enjoy and not the aircraft you enjoy.

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 15/04/2013 21:39:26

Nice to hear from you, James - it's been a while! Still somewhere warm?smile

I'd hazard a guess that cancelling the Direct Debit and ignoring the reminder will cause the subscription to lapse naturally at renewal time. An email to the Subs Dept to inform them would be appreciated, I'm sure.

I don't have any influence over models for review and I don't know how they are selected, but I'm a little puzzled by your reference to free flight models with an article or two in each edition. I don't ever recall seeing a review of any free flight model in the mag - after all, it's RCM&E.......disgust

TBH, your description sounds remarkably like a resume of BMFA News.......wink 2

I'm sure that if any reader ever feels they would like to see more of any particular type of model, a letter or email to the Editor would be considered. After all, it's in the interest of the magazine to satisfy its customers, is it not?

Pete

• 3 months later...

Well here I am, digital subscriber number xxxxxxxxx , but I can't find a link to the digital editions on the home page. I used to be able to access the back number archive with no problems. In fact access to this archive was the main attraction to be me becoming a digital subscriber.

Will someone kindly advise me how I can access the archive these days?

Gordon Whitehead

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 05/08/2013 18:41:10

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...