The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**

ross blackwell

Posted by Chris Stevenson on 21/09/2019 08:37:51:

Please can someone explain why I am required to purchase the autumn special out today for £4.99 when I have a recurring subscription for 13 issues per year. Will there be another Autumn 2019 mag as well as the “Special”?

thanks, Chris

Subscribers receive the Special Issue as they've always done. It should arrive with UK subscribers this coming week.

David.

Posted by Ken Ball 1 on 22/09/2019 01:51:41:

Question- why can I look at the 2019 autumn special in the archive but my subscription wants me to “buy” it for 4.99 US dollars? I thought that was part of my subscription, it was last year I believe.

thank you for a great magazine

Ken B.

It is this year too Ken. The print issues (that I assume you're referring to) will start arriving with subscribers this week. As always, overseas copies take a little longer.

• 1 month later...
Posted by Ken Ball 1 on 27/10/2019 01:14:02:

Need some help please.

i am a subscriber, and love looking at the archived RCM&E. I up graded?? To apples iOS 13.1.3 and when I try to view a magazine I get a black screen with a block that says get adobe flash?

ideas

thanks in advance

Ken B

It is free Ken

Download from Adobe, Adobe Flash Player

I understand that adobe flash is free, however Apple products like the iPad that I use will not use adobe flash due to the security concerns in the programming in adobe. I do somewhat regret the upgrade of the software to the latest system. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Ken Ball

I don't use Apple/Mac devices, but Flash works OK on Windows. However, Adobe is withdrawing support for Flash as from the end of 2020, so websites that use Flash will have to use alternative systems to display graphic content. Many users have already moved away from Flash, whilst others are either oblivious or just waiting for doomsday.

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys
Trying to take out a subscription to RCME, and want to pay via PayPal.
Went to the 'subscribe now' link at the top of the page, filled in all my details, print edition, 1 year sub etc.
Went to pay and the buttons for PayPal, as well as Visa and Mastercard do nothing.
Only one available was 'check out securely' which is not what I want
E-mailed helpline, still waiting for an answer back.
Phoned contact number, got an agent who said it was my browser. I know it's not, but tried another browser anyway, same result.
He then said I was trying on the wrong website. Given this was linked directly to ModelFlying forum, seems unlikely, but he said to try Mags-UK instead.
This is a site where you can buy individual issues, but NOT a subscription.
So, wasted a lot of time, talked to someone who obviously didn't know what he was talking about, and still not got my subscription.
Any thoughts?
Jeff

• 3 weeks later...

I recently renewed my subscription after I found it had lapsed ...unfortunately I hadn’t seen any reminders . Given that this excellent website is free to users and is such a great source of information I don’t think it would be unfair if there was a little more promotion of subscription. Another hobby website I use have a special mark against forum members names who are also subscribers . This helps increase subscription in that people are encouraged to also pay something for the use . I know RCM &E relies on advertising for revenue but promoting subscription on the forum in this way might also help.

• 3 weeks later...

Due to the 'current situation' took out a digital subscription.

Can you print out specific pages/articles? Have attempted but my eyes struggle with microscopic font size that results! Copy and paste doesn't work. (Using Windows 10).

Also, tried accessing the 'Vulcan Special' from a few years back and it (and other earlier issues I tried too), do not appear.

• 3 weeks later...

I too have the Model Engineer magazine when I log into my PocketMags library. I also see it in the email advising me of the new RCME issue. Now I am not averse to a bit of Model Engineering and it may be a nice "diversion" ( I too have not downloaded it to my library) but I hope this does get sorted next week, as I want the magazine I subscribe to!

• 1 month later...