The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**

ross blackwell

Posted by Michael Wright on 13/10/2020 22:02:40:

I am having trouble cancelling my subscription. I was directed by phone to send an e-mail but I am still having the mag delivered. I don't want to go into great detail here as I feel an error has been made. My question is ' is there an easy way to cancel, and if not why not.

Edited By Michael Wright on 13/10/2020 22:03:39

Seems strange that a phone call wouldn't suffice Michael. Can you also drop Beth an email please and she'll sort it.

Hi there,

Someone can help me? I am a new subsciber (Digital & Print) an I can't access to subscriber area.

I already wrote 3 times to support an help email since august and nobody respond

Very disapointing my experience, please help me to try to get help

Best regards from Spain and stay safe!

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 20/10/2020 09:18:56

Alfonso - the way the system works, it needs an exact match to the details the subscriptions dept holds compared with your details on here and it looks like there was a difference in your surname that was causing the problem. I've amended it so both have the same details and I've checked and the subscriber area now works for you.

Manish - thank you for your patience in my reply. I'll search through my emails for yours and answer now.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason my Chromebook will open the digital November issue without having to invoke the "reduce default referer header granularity" "flag". However, I still cannot read earlier digital issues without "the flag", which I have always turned off between magazine readings because of its undefined security implications on my normal web surfing.

Can other chrome users similarly view the Nov issue without "the flag"?

What's going on RCME? What is different about the November issue which lets chrome users read it when the earlier issues still remain inaccessible without the annoyance of having to set "the flag"?

Kind regards

Gordon

Please ignore my earlier post ref accessing the digital issues. Before I wrote, it was the case that the Nov issue worked but earlier ones didn't. Having had my chromebook switched off for a couple of hours I can now view all the earlier ones using chrome. I don't know why the change has occurred, but it has. I suspect that the chrome browser has had a crafty update that has eradicated the granularity problem.

Onwards and upwards!

Gordon.

The current issue of RCME (November 2020 ) has an advert with a tempting offer of Permagrit Bundle free with an RCME subscription until 27th Nov. But it's not clear whether this applies to print copies or just print+digital. Can you clarify if the Permagrit offer applies to just print?

Also says "RCME publishes 13 great issues a year" . Is that correct? Is there a Special included if I buy a years print subscription?

The advert in this forum says the print +digital  is 13 issues a year - is there an extra issue for print + digital subscribers that print only subscribers don't get?

Edited By kc on 07/11/2020 16:44:18

• 3 weeks later...
Posted by kc on 07/11/2020 16:41:15:

Also says "RCME publishes 13 great issues a year" . Is that correct? Is there a Special included if I buy a years print subscription?

The advert in this forum says the print +digital is 13 issues a year - is there an extra issue for print + digital subscribers that print only subscribers don't get?

Not this year - covid savings regrettably gives us only 12 "normal" issues, A real pity, as the larger plan in the special issue was what brought me to RCM&E in the first place... Let's hope there will be a special next year again!

Lorenz

As a digital subscriber, is there a best way e.g. method, settings on printer etc. for printing out specific articles for reference?

For example: The October Issue featured a review describing operation etc. of a 4-MAX ESC programming card.

Having obtained one of these, I wished to refer to the article as well as the 4-MAX instructions whilst setting the item up.

Similarly, I may be building a model that has been reviewed in RCME and wish to have the article to hand and perhaps avoid a pitfall the reviewer discovered in his build and so on.

It's all well and good having the PC or tablet alongside, assuming that is practical, but a paper copy on the work bench is much easier. It's less risky to the electronic item too i.e. electronics and glue, paints not to mention balsa dust in the works!)

Posted by Lorenz Mueller on 25/11/2020 09:21:24:
Posted by kc on 07/11/2020 16:41:15:

The advert in this forum says the print +digital is 13 issues a year - is there an extra issue for print + digital subscribers that print only subscribers don't get?

Not this year - covid savings regrettably gives us only 12 "normal" issues, A real pity, as the larger plan in the special issue was what brought me to RCM&E in the first place... Let's hope there will be a special next year again!

Lorenz

And looking it seems they combined December and January so not sure how many issues we will see in 2021. Most magazines I subscribe to will make sure you get the number of issues you paid for, so expecting that my subscription has been extended 2 issues. But we will see what response we get from the editors.

Morning

Still not received the latest paper magazine so reading the digital version, although that was nearly a week later than predicted.

it says this is December 2020/January 2021 issue and the Feb issue is on sale 8/1/2021

What's happening? Are we losing more than just the special issue ?

GG

Maybe it would be so nice of those business like people at subscriptions to present a three issue free bee to all us subscribers who are being treated like fools for subscribing in the first place. I wonder just how long they think the magazine will exist when you consider how many good RC mags have fallen by the wayside.
There again they can’t be bothered to answer phones or emails

Posted by malcolm woodcock 1 on 03/12/2020 12:50:50:

Still not received this months copy, this happens too often. If I go into town and it's in the newsagents, can you give me a good reason to bother with a subscription?

Yes, it's cheaper!

As for A Davidson's post; '...many good RC mags have fallen by the wayside', it is probably attitudes like this that have been partly responsible.

If your subscription is a few days late, remember, it is Christmas and there is a global pandemic raging (incase you have forgotten). Try to keep calm and carry on.

If we have lost an edition, so be it, lets hope that a normal service will be resumed when able.

Personally, I have no problem 'losing' an issue - I fully understand the unprecedented times must be presenting severe challenges, and I would prefer this to the magazine folding.

I do think we should be told in advance, either by email or on this forum. Maybe we were told and I forgot.......

GG