The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**

ross blackwell

Thanks for your answer, Pete.

But, unfortunately, after 8 days I don't have a solution from the subscriptions department.

RCM&E it's a really nice magazine that I enjoy reading every month... but I cannot say the same for the subscriptions department... I cannot understand why they don't answer the emails...

Many thanks!

Xavi

• 1 month later...

Hi David,and other Mods,hope u guys all had a fb christmas.Just a quick enquiry my partner bought me a years print subsciption to rcm&e the first mag i will get will be feb 14 issue.The sub no seems to be not active yet is there a reason for this,or will it only be active when i receive feb issue? Many thanks Steve.

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 27/12/2013 12:52:58

The mods aren't able to answer subs queries, I'm afraid, Steve - have a read of the subs FAQ's page here and email or ring them with your query. Not sure if they're open until the New Year, though...

I've edited your subs number from your post in case someone else can do something with it....smile

Pete

I have been waiting for a reminder for my subscription, that I think must be due, to date nothing,

If I do not get a mag next month, I will then know I am correct.

Then I will sign up for a year and get a free gift having missed a moths mag. Still I can always but one, but from where? I will not shop at WH Smith as i will not pay for a plastic bag, certainly not a sum much more than it cost to make,

That would be far to simple!

Much prefer to boycott them.

Plus I have found them to be poor value for money. I still cannot get over ASDA stopping having RCM&E for sale, bites knuckle in despair. I probably will buy it in Cockermouth. Main Street, News Agent, that is they are not flooded out once again. Hopefully not.

I will find a non Smiths retailer, what ever.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by Steve Adams on 27/12/2013 11:37:04:

Hi David,and other Mods,hope u guys all had a fb christmas.Just a quick enquiry my partner bought me a years print subsciption to rcm&e the first mag i will get will be feb 14 issue.The sub no seems to be not active yet is there a reason for this,or will it only be active when i receive feb issue? Many thanks Steve.

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 27/12/2013 12:52:58

Hi Steve, just catching up with things, looks as if you have the number now but let me know if you need any help.

Hi don't know if I am in the correct place, just trying to get some info on the free goody (quad copter)been weeks now and still not received it ,I have been told that they have sent it but must have gone missing and have sent another but that was ages ago and still not seen anything ,where do I go from heresad ....any help would be greatly appreciated....Taff

Apart from ringing them how should we know when the free gift should be on the way?

Just received my second mag since my new subscription (print and digital now) but no sign of my quad copter yet.

Slightly dissapointed that as a subscriber i can read every back issue online but as a digital subscriber I can only read the ones since upgrading off line - I did think I would be able to read any of them off line having gone digital ... guess I should have read more about it first

Still the best RC mag though!

Well finally got free gift at 0710am this morning. With all the trouble that has occurred since the 27th November 2013, when I first asked for a gift subscription for my brother for Christmas, the lack of communications, the request for proof that I had already payed, the request from David Ashby to 'PM' him (whatever that bit of jargon means), the quadcopter arrived on my doorstep very early this morning and has only taken £5.20 out of my pension to send on to my brother. I don't think that in future I'll be bothering very much with RCM&E, after all there are plenty of other magazines on the market. All in all a very unpleasant experience.

Without commenting more widely on Malcolm's remarks, his point about 'PM him (whatever that bit of jargon means)' , is something that we all need to be more aware of. It is too easy to forget that what is blindingly obvious to us may not be so to all. Although I have never looked for a definition, I assume that PM means Private Message, but it's only a guess. Although it embarrasses me to admit it, the instructions to my very first R/C trainer required me to do something with the 'fuse'; it took me some time to realise that they weren't talking about anything electrical. Why couldn't they say 'fuselage'? Does dropping the last four letters save time or money or help the environment?

Posted by Davwik on 16/01/2014 08:01:05:

after getting a years subscription from my son at xmas, I have been eagerly awaiting my copy......and I am still waiting and I live in South Devon.

and before anyone gets agitated, I am waiting for my son to sort it outcrying

David

Edited By Davwik on 16/01/2014 08:03:44

so, my son had a letter dated 10 Jan 2014 confirming payment saying all issues payed up until Feb 2015.......guess what still no copy !!! disappointed!crying

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 18/01/2014 19:48:21

Hi Davwik,

I've moved your post over to here where subs queries are answered. I don't have any direct contact with the subs dept but I would suspect that if you are going to receive a year's supply ending in Feb 2015, the first mag you will receive will be March 2014, ie the next issue.

If you have a look under Print Subscription Queries on this page, a telephone number and email address is provided to contact the subscription people.

Hope this helps....

Pete