The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**

ross blackwell

The digital subscription service allows me to renew online, however, there is no way I can contact the providers to ask why my subscription has expired now when my account shows that it runs until 31st March? Anyone else with this problem or know how to email or phone the subscription service please. John

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 13/02/2014 22:32:20

Well it is a "here we go again moment". I have yet again renewed my subscription and yet again despite entering my subby number can't get onto sub only content. Despite sending e-mail where I received a "we'll pass it on" reply nothing has happened.

Last year we went through this same sorry process for over 2 months and the end result was that I got poked off and just gave up on having endless e-mail conversations with different people and getting nowhere.

I would prefer there wasn't a re-run of this?

Please can this be sorted out sooner rather than later (or in fact at all would be good!)

Gordon

Loyal but disappointed RCM&E subscriber

Same problem as JH above e-mailed a query on the 15th Feb stoney silence since!! Lots of letters saying pay up for fresh subs but how about delivering what has been paid for, then they give a premium rate number to phone.Look after the customers you have as well as those you seek.no

"the postman has just been and delivered a Quad copter...thank you to anyone involved in chasing up the 'replacement'....

ken Anderson.......ne...1.......quad dept..."

Well done Ken, after a long wait I have confirmation that there's no quad for me!

Thank you for your recent email.

May I firstly welcome you as a subscriber.

After investigating further for you our records show you responded to the following offer;

EP02

I would advise this promotion does not include a complimentary gift and the price you have paid is discounted.

I sincerely apologise for any disappointment caused.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further queries.

Seems next year I have to quit

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting for mine - another 8 days until the 28 days is exceeded but based on the previous comment I do wonder if it will ever arrive - they did say it was available when i spoke to them and was being assigned to me - but goodness knows why this should be such hard work and why it should take so long!!!

And just how much does it cost me to call that 0844 number? They dont seem to mention anything about the call rates anywhere on there!!

So subscribed on 12th December - it is now 6th March - not great service is it........

Called again - looks like i was misinformed on the last call - they are actually on order with the suppliers still - MyTimeMedia dont even have them in as yet!

But apparently I am on the list and once they come back in stock i will get one sent to me.

So no ETA at all now...

Just gets better doesn't it!!

It seems I'm just one in a long line of people having problems with subscriptions and communications with support staff.
I took out a subscription in December 2013 and despite numerous assurances from support staff 4 months later I still have not received my free gift.
If I get one more authoress once email saying someone will get back to me I think I'll frame them and send them to David Ashby to hang on his wall as a reminder that no matter how good the content of the magazine is it's not much used if everyone clears off to the competition!!!!!

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 13/03/2014 12:28:53

So i updated this on Monday with the information i was given when i called - that basically it was going to be a while before my quadcopter arrived as they hadn't even had it in stock from the suppliers ... and then yesterday it arrived!

No how did that happen??

Ah well - happy to have finally got it after 3 months and one day!

Now - how do i make it Mode 1??

Just had my RCM&E renewal letter. Looks like (as a printed subscriber), I will now have to pay extra to get at the digital archive..

I don't use it much (only once in the past year) - so I probably wont bother with it, but it devalues the Subscribers Only part of this website considerably..

Interestingly, I wasn't offered a Digital Only subscription..

Martyn

Posted by Martyn K on 17/03/2014 11:00:25:

Just had my RCM&E renewal letter. Looks like (as a printed subscriber), I will now have to pay extra to get at the digital archive..

I don't use it much (only once in the past year) - so I probably wont bother with it, but it devalues the Subscribers Only part of this website considerably..

Interestingly, I wasn't offered a Digital Only subscription..

Martyn

Yes, I noticed that the value of our subscription is being devalued by this and I'm not happy sad Surely the cost of keeping the digital subscription for print subscribers is next to nothing. I don't read the archives regularly, but occasionally I need to refer to an old article, then it's rather useful.

I totally agree with comments with respect to access to the digital archive.

It does seem that most of us do not use it much, perhaps a couple of times in a year. The only benefit to me is not having to look for recent magazines and searching the contents.This raise the question what is the monetary value of this option?

I guess it is an attempt to generate income along the same lines that some daily newspapers have attempted. In their case there is so many alternative sources of news, it is not viable. Although in the case of Reuters, where major business will pay a premium subscription rate to access a 24 hrs continuously updated service, particularly for financial data. I personally will take some convincing that modellers have such desires or need.

On that basis I will hardly miss it, will not pay for the service, and not a deal breaker as an issue. Just reduces the apparent benefits.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by David Ashby - RCME on 29/03/2014 17:09:44:

Just brand new peeps. Existing subscribers are offered a reduced rate LF.

The renewal form that I received,through the post, gives the renewal rates as

£45.00 to extend the print subscription (1 year)

£54.00 to upgrade to Print & digital (1 year)

wheras on the subscription rates comparison pages on the website the rates, for new subscribers are £45.00 and £54.00 respectively.