The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**

ross blackwell

I only received mine a few days ago, here in France, and it's certainly a week or so later than they used to arrive. This seemed to coincide with the mag now being sent out in a transparent wrapper, rather than silver, for the past couple of months. They now come from Holland according to the address insert, so that may be an explanation for the delay.

I don't have any direct contact with the subs people, Nick, but if they're not answering their emails, that's not good. Worth giving them a ring on the number in the Subs FAQ page?

Pete

My last issue to Spain was also very late. I did phone the subs department and they said there was a cut-off date after which they would send another magazine if it did not turn up. The magazine arrived shortly afterwards the day before the cut-off date. Previously (I have been subscribing for a year) RCME was very prompt and regular as clockwork and yes I have received it early enough to benefit from the classified ads. For me this is a big backward step and very disappointing if this is how its going to be from now on.

People seem to be already close to maidening their free plans before I get to read it! It irks me to see it in the local newsagents (with a big price mark-up) as it always tempts me to buy.

I think the magazine is the tops but it now seems rather second-hand. Maybe I should cancel the subscription and actually buy it second-hand from Ebay. It is starting to look like it will be quicker and cheaper!!sad

Posted by Nick Burroughs on 17/06/2014 16:46:13:

I don´t feel like phoning from Spain.

Sorry Nick, didn't have my psychic head on.....wink 2

I don't know if this is just a problem for overseas customers or whether the domestic readers are affected as well? It used to be that I'd get my mag before the UK much of the time. Now I have to resist diving into the digital edition before the real one arrives, which can be quite frustrating when everyone else is discussing the latest editionsad

Perhaps there's been a change in the posting methods - I'll see if we can get an explanation.

Pete

Nonsense. We do care.

Are you in the UK Nick? Pop me an email with your address please and I'll ask our subscriptions manager to check. Specific reasons can sometimes be difficult to nail, they're 'in the system' as it were once posted and every now and then a delay seems to crop up although these seem to be primarily for overseas subscribers.

Hi David

I live in Spain. I sent an email to Claire at MTM with my complaints and pointed out to her that I did not respond to the first subscription reminder because of the delays (3 issues so far). Then I received a second subscription reminder at a higher price. I asked that in the light of the inconvenience suffered I would like the renewal charged at the lower rate. Guess what? No reply.

regards

Nick

Posting:

Nonsense. We do care.

Are you in the UK Nick? Pop me an email with your address please and I'll ask our subscriptions manager to check. Specific reasons can sometimes be difficult to nail, they're 'in the system' as it were once posted and every now and then a delay seems to crop up although these seem to be primarily for overseas subscribers.

Posted By David Ashby - RCME on 26/06/2014 09:21:53.

Read the thread online

To stop receiving updates when new postings are added to this thread, go to your

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 26/06/2014 13:08:19

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 26/06/2014 13:09:00

Thanks Nick, all noted and I'll just remove your address there for confidentiallity.

There's isn't a Claire at MyTime Media so I suspect it's someone at CDS subscriptions (the service is outsourced). I'll get on to my contact at CDS, and, as I'm away tomorrow for a week, have asked our subscriptions manager to take forward and reply here in my absence.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 26/06/2014 13:15:51

• 2 weeks later...

I am having problems accessing the 'subscriber only' content and am missing an issue ATM. I have checked and the direct Debit went through back in april, however the number quoted is coming up as disconnected when I ring it (the subscription one listed on the 'subscriber only content' splash page)

David, can you PM me the correct number and I'll give them a ring.