Super 60 Build. This is my poor effort!

Well I maidened it today!

At first I had great difficulty starting the engine which I had peviously run up on the bench so much so that I reverted to flying the Super Scorpian but then one of the Enfield Petes flicked the engine by hand so that it almost ran. One twirl of the starter motor had the Irvine humming nicely.

The first attempt at flight was aborted when the engine cut on take off. On the second attempt I got it all crossed up so cut the engine. I noticed that with my non-standard rearward undercarriage mounting that the model wanted to tip forward all of the time so I asked the second Enfield Pete for a hand launch.

This was immediately successful and the model flew beautifully. Later in the day I bent the rear wheel wire to give the model a higher A of A when on the ground and succeeded in taking off initially from tarmac and subsequently from grass.

Very pleased. Pictures of the model as flown below. (Yes I had more bands on for the flight!)

The model only now awaits the lettering from the Leicester Sign Company.

rimg0003.jpgrimg0001.jpg

Hi David,

Great news about the maiden, I was begining to think mine was a bit too heavy to fly well, but yours seems to be a close as not to make much difference regarding the finished wieght. I've also noticed the dihedral angle that you have used which looks about the same as I've used which I was thinking isn't enough.

Cheers,

Chris.

I was toying with the idea of making an aileron wing for mine as it flies very nicely on three channels. Whether I'll get round to doing it or not is perhaps unlikely as I've too many other projects, repairs and committments.

"Nuff respec" to the Enfield Petes as I believe young people say!