How many flyable models do you have?

These planes have radio fitted and just need charged batteries;

Gliders,

Flair Heron, Wildthing 60,Micro Mold Colt ,Micro Mold Sprite, Bluebottle (5 no.)

Power,

Junior 60 x 2, KK Falcon, Easy Rider, RM Trainer, Second Pronto, Uproar, Cougar, Super 60, Matador , SE5A ( 11 no.)

Electric

Twinstar 2, Flex Flight YAK 55, Small Cessna 182 X 2 ( 4 no)

I make that 20 total

Others needing work include Mini-Concord, Middle Phase, Weston Velocity -not started, Super Air, Cougar Lookalike,small B2 Bomber and a few small helicopters.

Too many planes really-have I missed any apart from control liners and free-flight models? !

MJE

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 25/04/2014 21:20:04

Planes - Zlin Z-50, P-40, Sukhoi SU26, Mini Panic, Frantic, Multiplex Twinstar (FPV), Wing Wing Z84 (FPV), Durafly Vampire, Magnum Reloaded, Crack Laser, Mini Flame, Micro Aces FW190.

Gliders - Blaster 3 DLG, Speedo.

Multirotors - HK Y3 Tricopter, Armattan V Tail, Armattan CF355 3D, Famewheel 450, HK Pocket Quad, Dex 450

Helicopters - Align TRex 450, Eflite 130x RedBull.

On the building board: Hexacopter.

I think I may have a problem!

16 I could take out and fly tomorrow morning, assuming that I'd charged the Rx battery in of those that needed one.

I really ought to thin out the no-hopers, they're just taking up space, and anyway, there are currently 4 waiting patiently in the Office to be assembled ( 2 ) or built over a plan ( 2 ).

As many of the other contributors i now have a veritable squadron of models, all in principle ready to fly. As with many other modellers, a number get a regular outing, others not flown for some time. I have just recently noticed that models often muscle there way into the regular line up, which of course means that others drop out.

In the distant past, I only had two models that flew on a regular basis, because I had only two transmitters. All the models which compromised the fleet, I had notes, in a little book. Telling me where neutral surface positions were and the throws. A little about the flight characteristics,if thought useful. Then the the settings of the dip switches for tx. Even then I was compromised at thermal competitions, with only two models.

I dropped out of modelling for about 10 or maybe more years.

On my return, the computer radio had arrived. Which is just what i wanted. Although no longer interested in thermal comps. It was dumping the note book, that was attractive. Plus I now could have many more models, which would be available for flying. Initially 6 models, which seemed a lot. Which it was compared with on e model per transmitter, any more needing the book and fussing.

Pretty soon, 6 seemed totally inadequate. So I now have a 8fg with sim card for as many models that i could want.

How many do I now have ready for flight, I do not know, so I will list them.

1. My "A" test trainer
  2. My Basic park type flyer
  3. Sagitta 1
  4. Sagitta 2
  5. A1 type electric glider
  6. Parkzone Albatross
  7. Parkzone Stinson Reliant
  8. Fw 152H large
  9. Fw 152H small
  10. Clean Sweep "V" tail
  11. PM Cassuts
  12. Pularma park/indoor model
  13. HK Firenza
  14. Harvard
  15. Nobler look alike
  16. Dornier 335
  17. Delta
  18. Messerschitt 109T
  19. Me 163 Komet Cloud Models (just went to get my 109 to do a test and found it, how many more are there?)

Then then comes a number of models kitted out, with no receiver

• A electric 3m Algebra
  • 120" Erfolg open glider (electric)
  • 2m Flying wing

Then there are models with no servos such as

• Ridge Rover (sailplane international)
  • 144" Open Thermal Glider

Edited By Erfolg on 26/04/2014 12:21:02

Edited By Erfolg on 26/04/2014 12:35:32

11 already, and only back in the hobby just over a year, oops ! All electric so far but hopefully 4 stroke joining 'Vulture Squadron' before the end of the year. 'Jemima' vintage in progress which may get vintage 1.3 diesel (mills copy) and 'Swallow' 2ch glider on the board at the moment. Too busy building to fly, plus everyday the club is open it either rains or hurricane force slight breeze. The club seems to have an arrangement for glorious sunshine and 5mph wind........when it's shut!

face 7

12 Planes ready to go. One in Loft as airframe only...

General Western Meteor P-2-S

DH 60, Ripmax / Flying Legends kit

gipsy moth.jpg

Flair Puppeteer

Seagull Dual Ace

SAS WILDTHING

Flair Giles 202, 120 size

Junior 60

ben buckle build (WinCE).jpg

WOT 4 (now renamed WOT-IF)

Flair Bi-Stormer

1/4 Stampe, Svenson kit

club photos 002.jpg

1/4 Scale Stampe, Precedent kit

finished c-fxme 001.jpg

World Models, Spot on 50

Own Design-Scratch built

g wizz flying

Roger Wheddon designed, Georgia Peach. Now in loft waiting for the light of  day. Still one of the nicest planes I've ever flown..

Ooops, almost forgot, though it doesn't count, I have scale plans and drawings for a Wittman D-12 Bonzo. This will be my retirement project...

wittman_d-12_bonzo_nr13688_12_260x195.jpg

Edited By cymaz on 26/04/2014 13:17:00

Edited By cymaz on 26/04/2014 13:23:24

Oh, yes, John and a Pushy cat.

It does seem when you reach a certain number, it is the model that needs fixing, that suddenly becomes a must fly and of course the latest model having reached completion. These models take so much of your time up, that others are forgotten.

I must get the pushy cat out more, it is sorting the Bf 109 out, retrying the Clean Sweep now that I have re-motored it( and provided some cooling slots to the motor) that is concentrating my mind at present.

Whilst preparing dinner, I have just remembered, I also have a

• Gee Bee R1/2 that is ready to fly excepting a receiver and then there is a
  • A Biplane, with no gear in at all
  • A Flair Sunrise, no gear
  • A 100s "V" tail glider probably better suited to the slope.

That is not counting a pile of fibreglass fuzs for gliders a multitude of glider wings, unfortunately most glassed, without ailerons.

It does seem to me that we modellers are just that, we like building and flying is something which is difficult to find the weather and time do.crying 2

This list has made me stop and think, I have vowed to build the kits I have, A Coverite Gee Bee model "D", A Stirling PTA trainer, a Great Planes Ryan STA,, a Mid West Kits Giles, a Balsa craft FW 190A and from the plan a FW 190D. I have also started a ME 110 and have plans to build the free plan of the Bronco. I either need to sell some stuff, or stop building. I do like building.embarrassed

I Have seventy four including indoor ,gliders, electric two gas turbines( and a few glows left ) two auto gyros .

but i do know i have a problem, three pss hawks the list goes on , last year i decided to reduce my no s and gave ten various models away and only bought two new ones .dont ask about magazines, i only have 30 years worth or so..john.

The trouble with so many models is the comments about them being every where, by our better halves. We know that it is a gross exaggeration. There still is the toilet, that does not have one. Oh! it does. There is the kitchen then, but we all know, that it is not ideal, not with all those cooking smells clinging to them, who can go to flight line with that smell attached, not without raising a eyebrow or two.

I am beginning to understand why some modellers have just two or three. The difference, is the superb detailing and finish.

The other issue is that with some models I do have concerns when pressed back into service. Is it still set up as when it last flew? Am I still good enough.

Flying gliders is such a point, understanding the model, recognising or now a days even seeing that the bobble is model registering lift.I am reticent taking the model to a dot in the sky. When half way to a dot, I then worry about getting it back down in one piece. As for flying at a mile distance, lowish down, do not have the nerve anymore.

I am not sure that a large model inventory is not a curse, rather than a blessing.

Edited By Erfolg on 26/04/2014 18:07:52

Ah, yes!

I have forgotten 3 indoor helicopters, plus about 4 toys ones.

Something tells me, that as a group, we are pretty sad. I know I am not the only one.

Hmmm, We had better do more for our tolerant wifes. In my case, the wifes playing golf seems quite a mild addiction.