How many flyable models do you have?

John, I fear you are right! face 22blush

my fleet has changed a little since I posted, and I'm trying to minimise ( although for some sub conscious reason, that equates to more models)

listing, so I can remember ( on order of how they hang in the workshop):

Balsa USA 1/4 scale Nieuport 11 - 26 cc petrol

Balsa USA 1/6 scale Bristol M1 - electric with sound system

WOT 4 - 52 2 stroke

Eflite Advance 25 - electric

H9 Denight Special - 46 2 stroke

Parkzone Habu 2

Parkzone F4F Wildcat

Parkzone Inverza 280

Jepe F100 90mm EDF

SAS Wildthing

Multiplex Twister EDF

and on the project board - RBC Kits Gloster E28/39 jet for new 90mm Wemotec Evo fan.

oh and Helis:

Raptor 30 and Blade MSRX

Just realised by my own post, there seems to be little logic to my fleet variety, a mix of all types of planes and power systems. I even fly on both Futaba ( all less BnF) and Spektrum. And although I have a lot of electric planes, I hate the time consumption of charging all those batteries and prefer IC.

I guess I have a 'rounded mix' for whether I'm in a hooligan mood (the overpowed WOT4 or Habu) or happy to potter around with the WW1 fighters.

Err.... if Auto gyros are included ......I just counted 60 all ready to go....Honest Gov ! surprise. All are electric, and generally five ft span , a dozen or so are in the 2.5 to 5m class .The models include tri planes, biplanes , twins, semi scale, sport, sailplanes, 3D,and own designs including Auto gyro's,Sailplanes and of course the Big blue Monster .......mad! or what?

Posted by Stephen Jones on 28/04/2014 22:43:34:

Wow tom where do you store them all i have 15 and struggle to find room , i must weed some out soon , and i would say 80% are gas .

Only my small models are electric .

Steve

One of my retirement indulgences was a 30 ft x 12 ft shed with with double glazing ,pantile roof , and full insulation. Big garden so no problem and it means less garden maintenance for my better half wink 2.

Tom.

When I started flying 6 years ago I bought a Futaba 7c and I remember thinking 10 model memory, that will be more than enough, I will never have 10 models!

Since then I have had to buy another tx. My list goes like this

AIRWORTHY

Koyosho fockle wulf 190

Travel Air

Piper Cub   J. Perkins iIthink

Great Planes Tiger Moth

Irvine Wild Card

Durafly Spitfire

E Flight P40

E Flight Hawker Hurricane

Britflight Breeze

World Models Mustang Miss America

Lander Hawker Hunter

Glider of unknown origin

Mig 25 built to Tony Nijhus Plan

Canardex built to free plan from Model World

Can Doo built to free plan from RCME

AND IN BUILDING/ REPAIR STAGE

Saab j21 from plan in RCME

Unknow aerobatic model dating from the 70S Given to me as a rebuild project

Unknown low winger given to me in a bin bag.

Blimy I hope the other half doesent read this lol

Edited By Cliff Bastow on 29/04/2014 14:57:17

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I keep three models hanging on the workshop, wall, fully charged and ready to go.

Alongside these I usually have two or three in build on the bench or stashed around the workshop.

Altho I really enjoy building from scratch or from kits I hate covering so I do tend to have an unusually large proportion of 'nude' models.

I also have a selection of models in the loft and the closest they ever get to flying is up and down the loft ladder.

Lots of 'one day ill build that!!! ' plans and kits too.

One day Ill sort the lot out..........................maybe !.

Vic

I have 13, but shamefully admit 8 of which I have never flown!

I like building, got one on the go, 90% complete. Also two more kits in boxes, unopened. The four or five I fly keep me happy, I know them. I do not enjoy flying a new model, don't ask why, I just don't. Bit sad really, but it keeps me off the streets!

Happy new year to all of you.

10 that could goafter a charge. 1 getting a new petrol motor, 1 scale been building for 3 years, 1 nude electric being covered, small Aldi heli to keep grandkids amused and an Inductrix drone I won in this years club dinner raffle. Cost me a bit to get a DSMX trannie to get that going though!

I think some of us may have more serviceable aircraft than the RAF!