Tony Nijhuis' new Vulcan

As the Vuncan is a delta, its incredably easiy to fly...slow, high aspect and no stall. The wing load has come out to 18oz/sq foot so imgine with that how slow she will fly!

The 76" mid range version could be adapted to suited to a wren 44....keep it to the 15lbs mark and she will go a treat...

img_1966.jpg

img_2005.jpg

Posted by Tony Nijhuis on 06/06/2013 23:14:24:

Slip of keyboard.......defo 78" and not 76"

RCME have twisted my arm to attend the gmac this year (didnt need to really as this year the date dose'nt clash with Wings & Wheels)..... Plan is to bring at least one up and that may be the turbine powered one

Tony, does this mean you'll be at North Weald at the end of this month, then?

• 3 months later...

Yet more testing but in full war paint and ligting to boot....

She flies superbly, almost viceless, but landings can be a little trick in strong winds....at 98" weighing in at 24lbs and only 20oz per sq foot I guess its not surprising!!!! a real floater

vul-4small.jpg

vul-2small.jpg

All lights on!!

vul-9small.jpg

I just love this last photo......full power into a grey cloudy 'cold war' sky

vul-11small.jpg

WOW!

I have been watching keenly since you first said you were designing Vulcans and I must say that it certainly doesn't disappoint. I can't wait to see the other two designs (really interested in the larger EDF one wink). There is nothing I want to build more (Except maybe a Fairchild A10.....)

I imagine you are going to have a major hit on your hands with these.

Thanks guys.....

Will be flying the model at Hastings this comming weekend so praying for light winds......

Although the full size Vulcan didnt have reheat, the engine on full burn were known to give a tinge of colour out the exhausts.....

There's no doubt that this model is a real joy to fly and so easy.......What is a little more tricky is the landing aproach and bleeding the collect amount of speed off which, if you dont have scale airbrakes, you have to do by increasing the angle of attack. Too much and she will air brake very quickly, not enough and she'll float on fast and you risk the chance of bounce when the wheels touch down......and as i found to my cost 3 weeks ago, she bounced a number of times and flicked on to her back!!!

Reading up on detas, and it appaers the full size were just as tricky......apparently deta wing are only good for supersonic flight and not much else!!!.....untill you put cannards in with it!....ie the eurofighter.

Just need more practice I guess