Priory Models Silhouette

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a Silhouette for sale . It's about 3/4 built and has all of the "extra's" (cowl, u/c legs, tail wheel etc.) and the wood parts to complete it. The wings are in need of some attention as some areas of the veneer has come loose but other than that it's well built and in good condition. Offers ?

• 1 year later...

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, just bought a Silhouette at the Nats, looks old but unflown with a poor covering effort. Going electric with this on 4s, if it flies as nice as i think it might i will recover it over the winter. Someone on here had a new cowl, if it is still out there i would like it as this one has been cut for an i.c motor, may make some spats up as i think it lends itself to them............Martin

20180828_221523_resized.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi Martin,

Ive just picked up an old silohette thats needs a fair bit work. If you manage to get a replacement cowl, can I have your old one? I dont have one for this i was thinking about how i could make one. I have another ic silohette with a cowl that i could use as a template. a replacement one would be the ideal solution.

alex

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Posted by martin collins 1 on 07/01/2019 19:25:16:

Look what arrived at my door today.......smiley

Someone gave me a club magazine and this was in the adverts. It seems complete and in good condition but there are no instructions, all the parts are numbered but i assume there was some form of instructions with it originally? Does anyone have a copy they could scan?

20190107_181501_resized.jpg

I think I still have the instructions Martin - will have a look at the weekend and scan them if they are there.

Posted by martin collins 1 on 09/01/2019 19:31:43:

Looks pretty sharp for a 10 year old model Tony, any significance in the registration number, the full size on that reg was a Leopard Moth.

It has picked up the usual "hanger rash" since the photo was taken. I made up the registration.

This thread got me thinking, is there anybody out there at the moment producing this sort of quick build kit, ie, foam wings and decking, sheet fuselage etc. I could be interested in a kit if it was scalish looking? Not looking for an ARTF, this feels like a cross between that and a proper kit, i enjoy the covering/finishing as well. Also not looking for something that costs nearly £200, i like to keep my modeling cost down to maximize the fun!