Priory Models Silhouette

The wing attaches via dowel pegs into B and then two bolts into captive nuts in the wing fixing plate.

Your missing parts (4) can easily be made from either some trailing edge stock or medium balsa cut to shape, and then file a groove in it to allow the linkage to follow the route to the aileron.

The wings will be joined using a fibreglass wing bandage and epoxy kit. If I recall they were included with my kit when I purchased it. Could be wrong.

The torque rods can be obtained from SLEC if needed.

Wing bandage can be obtained here. Wing Bandage.

HTH and if I am teaching Granny to suck eggs, I apologise.

Kev

David asked about Ezee Peezee - my memory says that was a trainer type model produced by the makers of the Regal Eagle _ Paper Aviation- and was also a plane made with cardboard sheeting. I think it might also have been a magazine plan.

Silhouette all done now, happy with the outcome as the green solarfilm was a nightmare to get off, and one of them jobs you wish you hadn't started at them time, I must say a big thank you to this thread as it give me the inspiration to get the Silhouette recovered and ready to grace the skys again.

img_4066.jpg

img_4057.jpg

img_4058.jpg

img_4063.jpg

img_4068.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

img_20200608_184719_resized_20200608_100802205.jpgOk, rejoined my other club so i could get some flying in, got the maiden in and had two other flights on my second Silhouette, this is the modified one, flys great (as they all do) but looks totally different in the air to my other one. No quips about the Speedy Bee, took that up for a quick Buzz etc.........laugh

img_20200608_184709_resized_20200608_100803293.jpg

Edited By martin collins 1 on 08/06/2020 22:14:05

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Great to see all your posts about the Priory Models Silhouette. I am a new member to this site and in lockdown found 3 models in partial states of build in the garage attic: a Genie slope soarer, Optima 100S and a Prioiry Silhouette and I needed the inspiration to decide whether to get back into RC flying. Great thread and pictures thanks so its now full on building mode. I look forward to posting my own pictures and to flying them when we are out of lockdown. Thanks for helping getting a flyer back out of hibernation.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is a picture taken about twenty years ago of my flying buddy John and his Silhouette powered by an inverted .46 Irvine 2 stroke in the days when we still flew glow. Great flying aircraft, we put many hours on this aircraft before it was sold when we went all electric. Wonder if this one is still in one piece somewhere...........

The tower at Old Warden has changed somewhat since then!

IMG_20210526_0001.jpg

Edited by martin collins 1