Acro Wot ARTF (balsa) chat

Posted by Alan Cantwell on 15/06/2012 14:47:58:

the tragedy comes when fitting one to a wot 4, the acro seems to lend itself more readily to a four banger, has this thing got a forecast price yet?

Are you saying its a tragedy to fit a 2 stroke to a wot4? (The Irvine .53 is in mine at the mo, and I was planning to put the Irvine .46 in the wot4, and move the .53 to the AcroWot).

Wot4 is great crack with the .53

Posted by John Allen on 15/06/2012 16:11:25:
Posted by Alan Cantwell on 15/06/2012 14:47:58:

the tragedy comes when fitting one to a wot 4, the acro seems to lend itself more readily to a four banger, has this thing got a forecast price yet?

Are you saying its a tragedy to fit a 2 stroke to a wot4? (The Irvine .53 is in mine at the mo, and I was planning to put the Irvine .46 in the wot4, and move the .53 to the AcroWot).

Wot4 is great crack with the .53

nope, not at all, the acro is a goer with a 4 stroke, best motor for the wot 4 is the superb irvine 53 2 stroke

Hi John, over the years I have seen all sorts of power plants for the same model in our club, from a 40 2stroke to 80 or 90 Laser, but the best combination to show off all the Acrowots capabilities was an Irvine 53. 2 stroke. This comment came from one of the best and experienced fliers in the club. But hey we are not all the same. Cheers ps just seen Alan's comment re his motor selection.

Loved the video - looks a great bargain. Almost makes me regret selling my built airframe a few weeks ago but then I have four new models to maiden so perhpas not.

Maybe in the future I'll revisit the Acrowot for nostalgia's sake but then if there is going to be a continuation of the trend so far and there will be an ARTF Extrawot i may have to indulge...

I'm sure that the Foamie version will be popular but for me this looks even better.

I picked up my Acro Wot Mk2 ARTF this morning. I have built several of the ARTB's Acro Wots from Chris Foss over the years. This is a little gem - well done Ripmax (This is a much better build than the ARTF Wot 4)

Having had great success in electrifying the Wot 4 ARTF (538 flights recorded since new - average duration of approx 8 mins - two dings which were easily repaired - its looking a little rough around the edges!!!) I have decided to use similar setup for the Acro wot .

Is there anyone else attempting to do the same?

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 23/06/2012 05:38:04

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 23/06/2012 05:40:00